Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: How to rot silicone sealant?  (Read 4611 times)

Offline dr knockers

How to rot silicone sealant?
« on: January 01, 2011, 19:47:21 PM »
I have some massive split rims(16x11J) that will not fit in the oven, i do this normally to elasticise the silicone sealant people use instead of sealing rings, so they will then come apart...

These do not what to budge, i had one in the dishwasher at max temp whilst everybody was in bed the other night but this was of no help as it needed to be hotter, is there a chemical that would be easy to source that will rot silicone over a period of time, i dont mind soaking these for a week or so??

Offline dr knockers

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 21:17:49 PM »
cheers Janspeedcapri.... did u read the reviews! might just spend out on petrol to do the job, but its hard to do that when its so expensive these days!!

Janspeedcapri

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 20:51:18 PM »
Having used it myself with success, I suspect those negative reviews are by people who didn't know how to use it. It does have limitations - it won't dissolve a massive lump like a bath seal simply by chucking it on top and waiting five minutes! Your meant to pull/cut the majority of it off and use this to clean of the last 10% which is the hard bit to do.

Offline capri v8 driver

• Administrator
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 09:06:36 AM »
someone i know deals alot whit bbs wheels, he always uses a sharp nife and cuts true the sealant and gasket when taking these wheels apart.
greetz Paul.

Capri V8 Driver.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk