Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Shall I buy this?  (Read 3274 times)

Janspeedcapri

Shall I buy this?
« on: November 08, 2010, 17:35:26 PM »
Need to start plumbing my fuel system. Ive looked for ages at fuel hose, got bored/confused and left it for later but it needs sorting now  

I don't see the point in SS braided stuff, but do want to make sure its road legal and correct for fuel injection and unleaded fuel... this stuff seems to tick the boxes - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-6mm-Fuel-injection-hose-sae-30R7-reinforced-1-mtr-new-/230539414860?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ad384d4c#ht_500wt_922]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-6mm-Fuel-injection...4c#ht_500wt_922

Can people also confirm that its the right inside diameter most things? it will stretch and fit tightly over stuff thats slightly bigger. If the stuff in the link isn't right, please show me what you would use in my position, and if possible how much will be needed Cheers

Offline Cortiworth IV

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://
Shall I buy this?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 18:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Janspeedcapri
Need to start plumbing my fuel system. Ive looked for ages at fuel hose, got bored/confused and left it for later but it needs sorting now  

I don't see the point in SS braided stuff, but do want to make sure its road legal and correct for fuel injection and unleaded fuel... this stuff seems to tick the boxes - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-6mm-Fuel-injection-hose-sae-30R7-reinforced-1-mtr-new-/230539414860?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35ad384d4c#ht_500wt_922]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-6mm-Fuel-injection...4c#ht_500wt_922

Can people also confirm that its the right inside diameter most things? it will stretch and fit tightly over stuff thats slightly bigger. If the stuff in the link isn't right, please show me what you would use in my position, and if possible how much will be needed Cheers

Check out a local hydraulics supplier. They usually have a vast range of hoses for most applications. Also fuel hoses. They also supply fittings of most kinds.
7.6mm ID is a bit too large. I think 1/4", 6.3mm, is the one you need.

Janspeedcapri

Shall I buy this?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 18:19:58 PM »
Quote from: Cortiworth IV

I did wonder if it was... the next size down is 5.6mm tho... too small?

The connections on my tank, pressure reg and fuel rail are all around 9 - 10mm OUTSIDE diameter and between 5 and 6mm inside... and the fuel pumps connections are massive tho - 9mm inside and 15mm outside - this is where I get pissed off with it  

Offline Cortiworth IV

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://
Shall I buy this?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 20:51:49 PM »

The connections on my tank, pressure reg and fuel rail are all around 9 - 10mm OUTSIDE diameter and between 5 and 6mm inside... and the fuel pumps connections are massive tho - 9mm inside and 15mm outside - this is where I get pissed off with it

I don't think there is a "one size fits all" hose around. When selecting the size, only the inside diameter matter as long as the hose is suited for the media and pressure. Tighten down a too big hose or forcing on a too small hose is never a good solution.
Again, I think your best bet is to go and visit a hydraulics shop after you have measured up all the connection points.

Offline Lemon-Ade

• Donation Sponsor
  • At work
Shall I buy this?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 21:05:30 PM »

That does sound to small, I thought I measured my old pipes and they were 8mm internal. I'm going for 400 to 500 brake so was going a bit larger to play it safe. I am about to start doing mine only got the pump and filters so far and was going to use -fittings, but haven't got my reg, rail or injectors sorted yet. Interested in what way you go on this mate.

Cheers ade

Run in ......

Janspeedcapri

Shall I buy this?
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 22:13:54 PM »

I don't think there is a "one size fits all" hose around. When selecting the size, only the inside diameter matter as long as the hose is suited for the media and pressure. Tighten down a too big hose or forcing on a too small hose is never a good solution.
Again, I think your best bet is to go and visit a hydraulics shop after you have measured up all the connection points.

The description in the listing I linked to says clearly that this hose is for fuel injection and fine for leaded/unleaded - take a look maybe? My local Hydraulics shop only know about hydraulics - not fuel injection for cars, and the measurements are the same as what they were when I measured them last time - have a look in my previous reply - the one you just quoted.

ENOUGH - I'm going with 7.6mm in the link Ade - it will fit tightly over all but the pump connections, which I will adapt/reduce down a bit  

Offline Lemon-Ade

• Donation Sponsor
  • At work
Shall I buy this?
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 22:41:16 PM »
Not sure what pump you have but I got my adapters from these guys.Torques U.K items - Get great deals on N.P.T, TEFLON P.T.F.E items ...
At Torques we sell aeroquip / earls / goodridge TYPE fittings (AN JIC) for all your high performance plumbing needs at unbeatable €¦
stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K -Options

cheers ade

Run in ......

Janspeedcapri

Shall I buy this?
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 22:59:02 PM »
Quote from: ade500
Not sure what pump you have but I got my adapters from these guys.Torques U.K items - Get great deals on N.P.T, TEFLON P.T.F.E items ...
At Torques we sell aeroquip / earls / goodridge TYPE fittings (AN JIC) for all your high performance plumbing needs at unbeatable €¦
stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K -Options

cheers ade

Now thats helpful  

Janspeedcapri

Shall I buy this?
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 16:15:03 PM »
Got all my hose and fittings today, from torques, as recommended by Ade500, everything arrived within 2 days of ordering, was well packaged and the order correct. the fittings and hose look really good quality too - very pleased and highly recommended. The hose I got is stainless steel braided teflon MSA rally spec and was only 50quid for 6 meters... cheers Ade

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk