Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: hello from ayrshire  (Read 2084 times)

Offline jamie-turbo2

• Advanced Member
hello from ayrshire
« on: October 19, 2008, 04:02:54 AM »
well hello , i drive a black 2.0L s mk3 capri  currently off the road at the moment awaiting its new 24v cosworth engine.

still trying to work through a few problems before it goes in but im sure somone on here will put me right.

jamie

Offline Tony

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://www.maddoldbugger.co.uk
hello from ayrshire
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 19:39:49 PM »
hi jamie
welcome to fordpower

whats the problems your trying to work out?

tony

the 24v xr4i auto-0 to 60 in 6.71 secs

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
hello from ayrshire
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 20:40:02 PM »
Not too far from me i guess..

Welcome

TT

Offline jamie-turbo2

• Advanced Member
hello from ayrshire
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:46:46 AM »
thanks guys,

my problems arent to serious really

i want to do a few things to keep the engine bay clean and bare so it looks unclutterd.
Im not going to use powersteering, so im fabing up a V6 crossmember with normal rack mounts to solve that, but i now need a alternator mount and belt or just mod the standard one.

The water hse going from the water pump to the back of the thermostat housing is split and needs changing.

I would like to remove the water cooler running through the oil filter housing and maybe mount the oil filter direct to the block if it doesnt foul the steering coloum.

flywheel to crank mounting, do you keep the spacer plate or remove it ? ive had the gearbox bolted up and starter turns over the engine fine with spacer removed, also the main shaft goes intot he crank ok ( no bearing fitted yet )

cant think of anything else at the moment but im planning to drop the lump into the capri in the next week so im sure more will crop up.

thanks  jamie.

coco

hello from ayrshire
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:45:40 AM »
Welcome mate, i pm'd you through another site im sure a wee while ago saying im doing the same conversion !

Get some pics up of the car mate  

Offline jamie-turbo2

• Advanced Member
hello from ayrshire
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 18:42:44 PM »
a few pics of the capri , will have more pics in a few weeks after the engine bay is tidy and clean.[attachmentid=2543][attachmentid=2544]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk