We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: can we help a fellow enthusiast out?  (Read 1754 times)

24vdan

can we help a fellow enthusiast out?
« on: September 16, 2008, 17:59:51 PM »
The details below have been borrowed from another forum.....

http://forum.fordsierraclub.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=37586]http://forum.fordsierraclub.co.uk/viewtopi...=15&t=37586

Hi there,

Sorry to just dump this on a forum even though I've just signed up but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out!?!

My best friend is a complete Sierra nut... He's owned nothing but Sierras ever since he passed his test 10yrs ago but sadly, he had to send his last one (2.9 Black Sierra Estate) to the scrap heap in the sky earlier in the year because he couldn't afford to get it through it's MOT... I've never seen him so upset!

He's getting married in a couple of weeks and, as his best man, I've just had a hugely brilliant idea that it would be awesome to take him to church in his dream car which is a Texaco decorated Sierra!...

I'm obviously clutching at straws here but does anyone know of either:

1) A Texaco Sierra that can be hired for the day/weekend (with or without driver)
or
2) A Normal RS500 that can be hired out (again, with or without driver) - Preferably black! (beggers and choosers though I know!!)
or
3) I'm also toying with the idea of buying a black Sierra and sticking on the decals for him! (Yeah I know it wouldn't be a proper one with all the kit etc, but it would be bloody funny (because we were always taking the **ss out of his old Sierra) and also I think a damn nice present for him to "do up" over the next few years!)

Oh, the wedding is in Wales btw...

Hope you've not all fallen off your chairs laughing while reading this due it it basically being a pipe dream but I thought there's no harm in trying!! and who better to ask than other Sierra lovers!

Many thanks,

Ben.

If anyone can help could they drop me a pm or the uy directly through the other forum?

I know it's short notice, hopefully we'll be able to help...  

IansSaph

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 09:57:49 AM »
I'd love to help.... cause then it would mean i'd have a black RS500. Sadly i don't and the only 2 i know wouldn't entertain the idea.

Good Luck

Janspeedcapri

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 15:53:42 PM »
I can't help either as a capri with no paint on it isn't what your looking for - but i applaud your intentions - you must be a good mate  

and.....it wouldn't be me not to go slightly off topic BUT I went to wedding a year ago and the groom pulls up in a ferrari f430. turns out his best man was pals with les ferdinand who is by all account a very nice generous chap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk