We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: The Dark Side....  (Read 1579 times)

IansSaph

The Dark Side....
« on: August 26, 2008, 16:22:14 PM »
The Mrs crossed over to the Dark side (i don't mean number of cylinders or valves i mean country of origin, namely Jap) a few years ago.

i've tried to be supportive but they arn'y my thing, time came to say good bye to the MR2 after 18months of service. 149k and 18years old its time it was some one else problem. i always like to get my money back for them i thought this one might prove to be difficult as she insisted we smatter it in fiberglass and repaint it, it stood me at about £1600 after everything not counting MOT costs, tax and tyres.

Had it on the bay for £1695 or best offer, got the usuall time wasters, the aution ended on friday with no sale, anyways was at the Zoo for the little ins B'day on saturday and got a txt. Whats the lowest price bla bla bla, ended up him offering his car and some cash, Namely £550 and this 2.0 AWD (non turbo) Impreza Wagon arrrhhhh more Jap Scrap

needs a few bits doing to it, gave it its only valet its ever had i think.

Still reckon i did ok.

Anyone fancy the scooby offers invited by PM

Janspeedcapri

The Dark Side....
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 17:13:47 PM »
I should think you'l easily get your money - that scooby should fetch 1200 no problem, maybe more.

IansSaph

The Dark Side....
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:13:41 AM »
that was our though, my mate got 2k for his 1.8 replica last year before he bought the real thing.

it could do with a coulpe of tyres and if i drive it to much it will need a clutch soon, (it slips when you hammer it)

so £1500 in the trader with a fresh MOT

Happy days

Janspeedcapri

The Dark Side....
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:52:37 AM »
you know i reckon it would fetch more without the graphics - it would look more "respectable" as an honest family car and less like a chav/boyracers motor thats bound to have been cained. its a nice colour and being the estate, could appeal to more people....trust me...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:53:28 AM by Janspeedcapri »

IansSaph

The Dark Side....
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 10:13:31 AM »
my theroy is the graphics were plaster on by the guy that like the replica WRX idea..... so some one wanting to buy one will also like them, the hide some paint blemishes also..... and anyone can take them off but if you wanted them and they weren't there then they'd have to get them.... get me?

Swiss tony..... arh theres a man,

"Makeing to love to a beautiful woman is like finding a nursing home for your father.... Its all about lodging your old man. "

Genius

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk