We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.


Author Topic: Paint help needed....  (Read 2286 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

madasahatter

  • Guest
Paint help needed....
« on: August 15, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »
Looking to find out what goes into Ford electric orange so i can get some made up from my work....

I have been told its either a white or silver base but i really do need some help here      



Offline gazfromoldham

  • Advanced Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.edmondsonlifting.co.uk
Paint help needed....
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 11:09:19 AM »
Quote from: madasahatter
Looking to find out what goes into Ford electric orange so i can get some made up from my work....

I have been told its either a white or silver base but i really do need some help here      


hang five i will ask my painter

Quote from: madasahatter
Looking to find out what goes into Ford electric orange so i can get some made up from my work....

I have been told its either a white or silver base but i really do need some help here      


first a white base
then an orange base
then a silver pearl

the whiter the base the brighter the orange will be
its the pearl lacquer that gives it the sheen

madasahatter

  • Guest
Paint help needed....
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 13:27:42 PM »
Cheers for that        

So its 3 coats of paint then a pearl laquer after      

I can work on that!!!!    

Offline gazfromoldham

  • Advanced Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.edmondsonlifting.co.uk
Paint help needed....
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 23:19:31 PM »
Quote from: madasahatter
Cheers for that        

So its 3 coats of paint then a pearl laquer after      

I can work on that!!!!    


any problems give us a shout

madasahatter

  • Guest
Paint help needed....
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 19:36:48 PM »
Can u find out the art to spraying etc as in how many coats etc also where can i get a sample of each colour?????

Sorry to be a pain in the arse.......      

Offline gazfromoldham

  • Advanced Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.edmondsonlifting.co.uk
Paint help needed....
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 21:49:51 PM »
Quote from: madasahatter
Can u find out the art to spraying etc as in how many coats etc also where can i get a sample of each colour?????

Sorry to be a pain in the arse.......      


where abouts in england are you?
i have a painter who shares my unit. i can get samples from my paint supplier up here for you .
if you need to ring me my number is 07973 904779.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk