Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Aluminium fuel tank  (Read 1974 times)

Janspeedcapri

Aluminium fuel tank
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:09:46 AM »
I want one for the Capri like this http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126471]http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126471  does anyone know where i can get one or who could make one for me? also, can anyone advice on the legality of these things?? i know some aren't raod legal and some are but i don't know what the difference is    cheers
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 10:12:37 AM by Janspeedcapri »

IansSaph

Aluminium fuel tank
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »
gutted you missed that one, £150 was a bargain.... I've got the name for a bloke that does my ali work he's down your way, (south of birmingham)    
I'll PM you his details, don't want to upset anyone with posting numbers...

Janspeedcapri

Aluminium fuel tank
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 12:14:45 PM »
Well Ive sent him some pictures and dimensions of the underside and hes working out what will work - hes a sound chap from talking to him   hes talking about £200 but it won't look like a standard one so we are trying to keep it tucked up out of sight. Thanks for the tip mate  

IansSaph

Aluminium fuel tank
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 13:03:35 PM »
sales@alloyracingfabrication.com

if anyone else is interested, Jim is a sound bloke i'll post some pics of what he did for me and if Nick does the same then i'm sure more people would like to use him.

Ian

Transit RS

Aluminium fuel tank
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 18:25:08 PM »
Quote from: IansSaph
sales@alloyracingfabrication.com

if anyone else is interested, Jim is a sound bloke i'll post some pics of what he did for me and if Nick does the same then i'm sure more people would like to use him.

Ian
Jim made my tank too - quality workmanship   highly recomended  

was a one off for a tranist mk1 with granada pump/sender unit made to my drawings and here's a pic  

Janspeedcapri

Aluminium fuel tank
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 21:40:23 PM »
 looks sweet mate - looking forward to mine  

this is pic i sent him ian, looked how i warped me rear panel welding the bastard on  [attachmentid=2387] ...bita filla

IansSaph

Aluminium fuel tank
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:57:21 AM »
you use the arc welder on that? bless ya. your lucky it didn't need a roof! i've seen some right messes. it just wants paneling about a bit and a skim of clag. it will look mint mate, everyone will be looking at your new tank not your wobbly back panel.  

Janspeedcapri

Aluminium fuel tank
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 19:48:03 PM »
funny reading that now ian - I put it 99% right this morning by adding 2 crimps into the return lip and a bit of bending and farting about and its sorted. Jim got back to me and hes doing me a wedge shaped beauty to follow the line of the lower rear quarters no less    ...for less than what it costs to have an old steel tank reconditioned/coated. 3 weeks turn around but you can't rush this work i spose  
Oh, and Arc welder    nah     its just that these ebay panels are like flippin kitkat wrappers - THIN a fagpapers. good side is they are lighter i spose   i was welding that at 25a, trying to be neat but i tend to be slow when trying for neatness and ...boink.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk