We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: The end of speed cameras?  (Read 1548 times)

Janspeedcapri

The end of speed cameras?
« on: July 15, 2008, 22:41:50 PM »
Swindon council has decided to do away with them  

Rightly, they reason its a waste of money for us and a money spinner for the gov - councils pay for them with our council tax and the fines go straight to the gov...so they can spend it on themselves  

I just hope it catches on  - we all know they are pointless...just slow down for em then hoof it when your past it  

THIS has gone a long way to restoring my faith in local politicians, at least - who knows, maybe this kind of sensible, just and fair reasoning will catch on  

Offline robrs2

• http://
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 23:13:25 PM »
Not the same in our area. Cleveland police get the money from the fines. It was done as a trial by the Gov. There were a few other counties that had the same thing

Janspeedcapri

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 23:37:50 PM »
Quote from: robrs2
Not the same in our area. Cleveland police get the money from the fines. It was done as a trial by the Gov. There were a few other counties that had the same thing

Well at least the dosh goes back into your area, as the plod get funded out of council tax - its not as good as doing away with them but hey, at least the fines don't go to the government who will either embezle or waste it trying to con us in some other way  

Thing is though that its never the local ones that get you - cos we know where they are    I must get one of them sat nav with camera detector/alerts

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk