Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Should Clarkson be sacked?  (Read 3807 times)

Simon 3 door

Should Clarkson be sacked?
« on: May 29, 2008, 23:28:55 PM »
Clarkson admitted to driving the Bugatti Veyron through the Limehouse Link tunnel in London at 186 mph during the Truffle race from Italy to the Nat West tower. RoSPA have urged the BBC to sack him...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1022438/BBC-urged-sack-Jeremy-Clarkson-admits-driving-186mph-public-road.html]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ublic-road.html

Opinions?

madasahatter

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 23:35:21 PM »
All depends if it can be proved i would say?? We know he is quite full of hot air at times....  If there is proof then the police should look into it but if there is not proof what can be done???

Apart from that i do like the guy so dont sack him please

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 23:35:50 PM »
I used to like him, but over the years top gear got rediculous.

I prefere 5th Gear,  

But I enjoy May and Gerbil and if Clarkson went I think top gear would struggle..

Unfortunatly, my conclusion is that he's too over the top and could do with taking down a peg or 5.

TT

Simon 3 door

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 23:44:21 PM »
Quote from: TwinTurbo
I used to like him, but over the years top gear got rediculous.

I prefere 5th Gear,  

But I enjoy May and Gerbil and if Clarkson went I think top gear would struggle..

Unfortunatly, my conclusion is that he's too over the top and could do with taking down a peg or 5.

TT
None of the motoring shows are factual these days. It's all tyre smoke and silly (but entertaining) stunts. I used to enjoy Top Gear in the old days - Tony Mason, Chris Goffey etc. Problem is today that most of the presenters don't know a camshaft from a crankshaft - and it shows.

fluff

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 00:00:27 AM »
Whats a Camshaft???
Ah keep him - he need outspoken guys like him
the country is going down hill faster than a one legged man running down a moutain

Infact Give him the PM job

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 00:16:50 AM »
5th gear..

Jason Plato, Arogant but skilled saloon car driver.
Tiff Needel, Skilled prototype racer.
VBH.... Not too bad too look at, and at least you can discuss the S2000 vs Z3.....
Tom. down to earth...
Chip Fat Merc Bloke...   down to earth.

They have a few stupid features, but Personaly I think it's a better show. they have done many safety related test. It's a bit stilted at times but more factual and realistic!!!

Top Gear.

Clarkson... Motoring journalist with too much money.
Hammond ... Nice bloke, all ladies love him/
May.. Probably the inteligent one but made out to be a blithering idiot.
Stig.. can't face being profesionaly linked to the show!!!

they Should get Sabina in to replace Stig,

Make Hamsta the  host.,

Get another female with racing credentals on the crew

TT

IansSaph

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 09:35:18 AM »
Its all entertaining, you can tell they don't know much about the real workings of the cars and i love the way they'll do challenges like the stretched limo one and you know they've been next to nowhere near the production of the cars...

I think the Stig is kept anonymous to save him from upstaging the hosts. we'd all like to hear from the stig how the things drive not from the pretentious camera candy.

i personally can't watch 5th gear it irritates me. Something about Tiff.

There are that many top gear repeats on i avoid it and end up missing the ones i wanted to see. I like the challenges they do especially the overseas ones like the trip across Africa and the one to the north pole.

I class it as entertainment not a factual informative program about cars.

As for sacking Clarkson.... honestly did he really do 180 whatever MPH... i seriously doubt it. i can't do 34mph with out getting a nice letter in the post from the police Christmas party fund. if he did it in London and there is no camera proof anywhere more fool the folk how position the cameras.

Ian
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 09:37:10 AM by IansSaph »

Offline Tony

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://www.maddoldbugger.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 10:45:20 AM »
quote""Top Gear.

Clarkson... Motoring journalist with too much money.
Hammond ... Nice bloke, all ladies love him/
May.. Probably the inteligent one but made out to be a blithering idiot.
Stig.. can't face being profesionaly linked to the show!!!

they Should get Sabina in to replace Stig,

Make Hamsta the host.,

Get another female with racing credentals on the crew"""

editted to fordpower standards
Top Gear.
the whole program should learn what life is like at our level, its not an adventure to drive a car older than 2 years old, we have to all the time.

Clarkson... needs to learn about cars that aint new and fix them himself.
Hammond ..., stop using teeth whittener and be himself
May.. needs to be renamed "neil" and go on the young ones show.
Stig.. , leave me alone i hate camera's, he he he he!!

dont replace the stig,he is ok, its a good format

Make Hamsta the host. yeah would work!!,

Get another female with racing credentals on the crew"""
(and  get her hooters out  )
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:46:28 AM by maddoldbugger »

the 24v xr4i auto-0 to 60 in 6.71 secs

Offline littlegems4x4

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »
Speeding at whatever speed is illegal yet we all do it, as long as you are not caught doing it then there's nowt anyone can do.

I agree that Top Gear isn't as good as it was in the old days yet it is very entertaining, personally I like Jeremy and I don't think the show could continue without him (not that it would anyway as he owns the rights to it iirc).

5th gear is very annoying, I don't think Tiff is a very good driver at all and the way the rest of the hosts constantly kiss his ass is very annoying!! Give anyone a wide track and a rear wheel drive car and we can all make it go sideways  

At least Jeremy doesn't pretend he's a good driver like Tiff does

IansSaph

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 11:54:13 AM »
5th gear is very annoying, I don't think Tiff is a very good driver at all and the way the rest of the hosts constantly kiss his ass is very annoying!! Give anyone a wide track and a rear wheel drive car and we can all make it go sideways rolleyes.gif

At least Jeremy doesn't pretend he's a good driver like Tiff does tongue.gif

thats exactly it mate
Ian

tonto

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 20:17:40 PM »
Quote from: fluff
Whats a Camshaft???
Ah keep him - he need outspoken guys like him
the country is going down hill faster than a one legged man running down a moutain

Infact Give him the PM job
I AGREE CLARKSON FOR PM

Doughnutter

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 20:33:15 PM »
Quote from: tonto
I AGREE CLARKSON FOR PM

Maybee not PM but certainly minister in charge of transport!

We need .....

Minimum motorway speed limits
Drift lanes not bus lanes
Fuel duty down, increase duty on handbags and womens shoes to compensate (they buy enough to make up the shortfall)

madasahatter

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 20:38:41 PM »
Quote from: Doughnutter
Maybee not PM but certainly minister in charge of transport!

We need .....

Minimum motorway speed limits
Drift lanes not bus lanes
Fuel duty down, increase duty on handbags and womens shoes to compensate (they buy enough to make up the shortfall)

Offline capri v8 driver

• Administrator
    • http://
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2008, 08:54:03 AM »
i admit that i drive to fast (sometimes), does that mean i get sacked?

everyone that drives a car or a bike drives goes to fast sometimes.

if i go to the press and admit that i drove to fast, they laugh about it and it will not be the news you see in the papers and telly. but because clarkson is a public figur and he admited that he drove to fast, everyone is attacking him.

RoSPA are hypocrits.

greetz paul.

capri v8 driver.
greetz Paul.

Capri V8 Driver.

Jimboxr4x4

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 22:24:14 PM »
There's no way you could get up to 186mph in the Limehouse Link tunnel, even in a Veyron!

Marty

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »
The guy is an entertainer, most 'bad press' is just for show

LotusCapri

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2008, 22:15:49 PM »
Of course he did it - wouldn't each and every one of us have done that and more if we had access to the motors he does. I would personally be very surprised if any normal, lead footed petrol head didn't thrash the bollocks off whatever he  was let near.
My fastest car to date did precisely 157mph - I know this because I did it every day on my way to and from work (a41 between wiggington and tring/aston clinton)
Should i be sacked from my job because off it? no. I take my chances and know the score (came off a ban this jan) so thats what they should do if Clarkson or anyone else gets caught.

He should be sacked though, for being completely incompitent as  car critic - as implied by others, he don't know nuthin about cars or driving. I remeber hereing him say on topgear how "utterly useless" the Lamborghini Diablo was, then at christmas I get a stupid video of him and some idiot from lamborghini acting like teenage asbo cartheves in a supermarket carpark, saying throughout how out of this world it all was. Theres was a bit where he pretended to be unerved, supposedly by the diablo pace, urgh..I was embarassed just watching it. And the analogies/metaphors, foxs in forrest fires, woodburning stoves, kill him now please.

Offline Tony

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://www.maddoldbugger.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 08:09:11 AM »
WELL LIKE HIM OR NOT
 he does get in the news, he hates speed camera's and does highlight things of this nature,

as for clarkson for PM.. well with the utter mess both partys have left this country in!
 any thing would be better im sure,

i would welcome the raving looney party i mean they know bugger about it but the law of avarages says they have to get 50% right, what a huge improvement that would be!
lets face it clarkson would reduce fuel prices and remove camera's and he does have an element of common sence unlike our govs,,
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 08:09:48 AM by maddoldbugger »

the 24v xr4i auto-0 to 60 in 6.71 secs

LotusCapri

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 10:59:47 AM »
He speeds and doesn't like speed cameras?   thats his redeeming quality?  

No, i think he should be put in an old caravan with the other 2 and have the stig drive into it at 250 in a veyron as a finale to their crass, juvenile antics that just waste OUR money. Course, if i met him i would be polite and get a autograph and picture with him tho  

Offline capri v8 driver

• Administrator
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 20:18:30 PM »
like Tony said, you like him or hate him.

but i think whitout him, top gear would never be as fameus like it is to day and its good that he, as a public figure, kicks against the rule's and make's fun off politic's and there utterly useless law's and tax's.

greetz paul.

capri v8 driver.

greetz Paul.

Capri V8 Driver.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk