• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

November 19, 2019, 12:57:45 PM

We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

simon v taps

Started by xr4isparescentre, April 23, 2008, 23:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taps

Quote from: Simon 3 door

Measuring up for my seat mounts tomorrow - another job for the electric Pritt stick before the final coat of white to the interior.

Spose plating the floor to take the weight is easier then going on a diet      

Simon 3 door

Quote from: Taps
Spose plating the floor to take the weight is easier then going on a diet      

lmao I recon at this rate the TS is gonna weigh a good 250kg more than mine so I've still got a bit of leeway on the power to weight side of things.

Quote from: Owain
So whats with the climbing frame in the car then si, is it so you can play in all weathers lol

Safety first O. On that subject I've got your booster seat on order...  

TwinTurbo

Looks just liked Sidi's engine bay......

TT

Simon 3 door

April 26, 2008, 22:57:47 PM #33 Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 23:00:28 PM by Simon 3 door
Quote from: TwinTurbo
Looks just liked Sidi's engine bay......

TT

Did think that - Sidi's is auto too hence the tranny dip stick (and by that I didn't mean Taps with lipstick and a dress on) - Sidi's also has the trademark RT Auto's black engine bay paint... hmmm

Just incase your your getting complacent heres a little snipet for you to ponder

LOL cheeky fooker - TT doubted ya and looking close - eagle eye Si spotted an anomoly with the master cylinder. Ehem... a non ABS master cylinder Taps????????? C'mon at least ya could have Photoshopped it in      

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jTJFsa49-3o&feature=related]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jTJFsa49-3o&feature=related

Cheats never prosper!!!!

Simon 3 door

if ya dont spend all ya time walking the track looking for ya teeth after a trip round in ya bone shaker  

LOL mine are still fixed to me gums... best you don't go for a ride in it though        

Taps

April 27, 2008, 06:10:40 AM #35 Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:14:33 AM by Taps
QuoteJust incase your getting complacent heres a little snipet for you to ponder

For you to ponder I did say   , just keep looking in your rear view mirror m8 and with your other eye look out the front and your see my arse end leaving you in dust      

Quoteeagle eye Si spotted an anomoly with the master cylinder

I'd take that eye out and give it a polish m8 cos if it never spotted that straight off took TT to get it looking  

Quotea non ABS master cylinder Taps????????? C'mon at least ya could have Photoshopped it in

Yeah I could have done that very easy but then it wouldnt have been as the car is now

Thing to also ponder is who built Sidies, who fits Bosch batteries and who decided to go with the standard servo brakes after all   as the saying goes dont mess with perfection  

So keep pondering away m8  

TwinTurbo

can't pull the woll over my eyes

TT

Simon 3 door

April 27, 2008, 17:12:31 PM #37 Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 17:17:48 PM by Simon 3 door
Made some more progress today.

Trans tunnel cover plate seam sealed and in primer. Tidied some under bonnet wiring, Speedo cable routed and passed through the bulkhead.

Planned out how to relocate the fuse box - requires a spacer and a seal - something to mock up in card and make out of sheet steel. Just need to hoof it about 2" closer to the wiper motor and lift it up a smidge. It will then clear the out rigger of the roll cage as it passes through the bulkhead to the turret.

Had a play with the cluster. The cluster is a hybrid.
  • Mk1 4i cluster assembly (courtesy of his Royal Tapsness - cheers mate ur a diamond geeeeezaaaaaahhhhh)
  • Saff Cossie 170 mph speedo with 180 mph stainless dial face
  • Mk1 4i fuel & temp gauge centre with Mk2 stainless bezel fronts (90% fit - centres of gauges 2mm off but it looks good enough)
  • 89 4x4 2.9i rev counter with stainless dial face
The rev counter never worked in the donor so I didn't expect it to work in the 3 door, but it was worth a try (after all it could have been a bad wire). Bugger - nope nothing.

Found a Saff Cossie 4 pot rev counter in the shed which I re-calibrated for a 6 pot setup and installed it into the cluster with the stainless dial face. Result. Now have a working rev counter. Calibration needs tweaking when I get a digital tacho hooked up but at idle its showing about 900 rpm. Can't be far off.

Also got Grandads shed almost cleared out - Fluff popped in and loaded his Mondy with Sierra bits so he's a happy bunny now. Lots of spares and trim bits for Fluff2.

Also started to attack some of the body with wet & dry in places where I thought there were rust bubbles - turned out to be a reaction in the paint itself. Result again. Just got 2 small holes - one in each front door lower - nothing serious. Each is about 5mm dia.

Last night's curry was a good one. All I can say is good job I wasn't gas welding today and that Grandad's downstairs loo came in handy. Guts a little delicate so I'm resting up.

Had a measure up for the seat base mounts - sussed how I'm going to do it - got some tube and plate coming this week so will do those next weekend. This week I'm concentrating on prepping for paint.

Simon 3 door

For you to ponder I did say   , just keep looking in your rear view mirror m8 and with your other eye look out the front and your see my arse end leaving you in dust      

Ere Taps was it your car I just saw on Pimp My Ride???

Taps

Very good    

Been thinking about your seat, was given a pic of you on ya scooter

xr4isparescentre

Simon 3 door

lmfao the Mrs just said how like me that looked from the back. She don't need your encouragement!! I do fit (snugly) in me Cobra Imola II's though and they are the older narrower ones  

I've got the typical Hurr family belly    did lose it a few years ago and at the same time ended up with a boney face - looked like I needed a good dinner      Need to find a happy medium!

fluff

happy MEDIUM
is that the size they call it lol
love the WoolPack deluxe custom interior - but still looks there is room for a nice carvary and maybe a patio garden in the boot lol

Owain

Been up to collect me car after taps done the welding on it, nice job on the welding and you need an exhuast fitted so that it's a fair competition on the V6 sound off in the hanger competition, engine fits in the bay nicely and looks right at home in there, won't be long now.

Taps

Tis a bit loud aint it       , side exit pipe work to do yet  

Owain

Tis a bit loud aint it       , side exit pipe work to do yet  

bet your neighbours are glad there half a mile away      

Rhys

Quote from: Owain
bet your neighbours are glad there half a mile away      

Shame we wern't. Only just got my hearing back now lol

Taps

Quote from: Simon 3 door
Made some more progress today.

Is that all, yours should have been finished by now thinking about it, I mean its only a track car, what is there really to do apart fromt strip it out, chuck a engine in, roll cage and seat, few cans of Dulux and a brush, weekends work really      

Simon 3 door

Is that all, yours should have been finished by now thinking about it, I mean its only a track car, what is there really to do apart fromt strip it out, chuck a engine in, roll cage and seat, few cans of Dulux and a brush, weekends work really      

LOL it's at the stage where the Dulux on the inside is next, then the cage then the outside Dulux. Now stop mithering me and graft a Rolls Royce grill on with your electric pritt stick    

fluff

UPDATES LADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simons is getting the Dulux out this week
and Master Taps will be on the ball soon
When i saw the Car at Taps' it was looking good - and not too far too go mate