Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Toad alarm  (Read 1683 times)

Offline robertsand

• http://
Toad alarm
« on: February 02, 2008, 02:07:28 AM »
Just fitted a Toad alarm to my set of wheels. I think its working correctly put the instructions don't seem to related to how the alarm works.
Is the immobiliser only armed when the alarm goes off? Every time I set the alarm the LED goes green which indicated the alarms on, if I set the alarm off the LED goes solid red which indicates the car is immobilised. I think!
Is this how the alarm should work? Can anyone clear this point up for me.
Thanks

Offline snoopaloopa

Toad alarm
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 13:51:12 PM »
Quote from: robertsand
Just fitted a Toad alarm to my set of wheels. I think its working correctly put the instructions don't seem to related to how the alarm works.
Is the immobiliser only armed when the alarm goes off? Every time I set the alarm the LED goes green which indicated the alarms on, if I set the alarm off the LED goes solid red which indicates the car is immobilised. I think!
Is this how the alarm should work? Can anyone clear this point up for me.
Thanks

Get out and press button 1( top left) hazard lights flash once and led will start to flash red, if connected to central locking the doors will lock.
Immobiliser will arm at the same time.
If you exit the car but do not press button 1 then the immobilser will passive arm after about 9mins, led constant green for 60secs then it goes constant red.

pressing button 2 (top right) will disarm the alarm, indicators flash twice, doors unlock, if you don't enter within 60secs then the auto-rearm will start and the led starts flashing green rapidly.

hope this helps  
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 13:52:05 PM by snoopaloopa »

IansSaph

Toad alarm
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 16:14:07 PM »
i've have a toad on my last three cars, wierd, every thing i buyhas one on,

the colour of the LED is the status of the imobiliser, if its green then you car will start if its red it won't.

i have an instruction book if you want it copying?

Ian
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 16:16:39 PM by IansSaph »

Offline robertsand

• http://
Toad alarm
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 19:21:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

I got out of the car today, pressed button one to arm the alarm. LED went solid green for a while and is now flashing green. I can't seem to get the alarm to arm the immobiliser when arming the alarm. Only time it the immobiliser works is when i set the alarm off.
Which doesn't sound right according to your replies???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk