• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

November 20, 2019, 20:23:57 PM

We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Anyone got 12v ignition map information?

Started by cobrascim, December 21, 2007, 23:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobrascim

Anyone know where I can get the standard ignition map for the 12v v6 cologne as used in the EEC IV?
Or does anyone know how to download it from the ecu?
I want to use this as a base map in my megasquirt.
I am going to build the following little tool for ignition tuning-take a look -interesting!
http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0353]http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0353

John.

samol

Hi mate, I have a base map for the 12V, for Megasquirt, if you are interested. Its not great, as it tends to start with the engine running on the rich side, and the start up enrichment is a bit on the down side. I used it for the original start up on my 12V and then auto tuned it, started first turn of the key though. Cheers Ray

cobrascim

Quote from: samol
Hi mate, I have a base map for the 12V, for Megasquirt, if you are interested. Its not great, as it tends to start with the engine running on the rich side, and the start up enrichment is a bit on the down side. I used it for the original start up on my 12V and then auto tuned it, started first turn of the key though. Cheers Ray

Hi Ray,
I had mine tuned on a rolling road a few years ago so fueling side of things is OK.
The ignition map was just a quick run through by the tuner and I haven't went back yet to get it better.
I now have my electronic stehoscope and will be trying to set it up better over the holidays.
Was just looking for the original ford settings.
John.

samol

Hi John, did a bit of research today, with mate who runs a rolling road. The outcome of which was that he could see no possable way that the original Ford map could be retreaved from the EEC IV, as he was not aware that anybody had yet overcome Fords inbuilt block, which means that you cant read the map to retune any part of it, so cant get anything out. Only way he knows of altering the EEC IV is with a piggy back attachment. HTH. Cheers Ray

cobrascim

Quote from: samol
Hi John, did a bit of research today, with mate who runs a rolling road. The outcome of which was that he could see no possable way that the original Ford map could be retreaved from the EEC IV, as he was not aware that anybody had yet overcome Fords inbuilt block, which means that you cant read the map to retune any part of it, so cant get anything out. Only way he knows of altering the EEC IV is with a piggy back attachment. HTH. Cheers Ray

Thanks Ray,
It was worth a shot. Someone may have been able to do it at some point.
I certainly have hunted the internet for info but haven't found anything.
Anyway I will get my ignition map better with the electronic stethoscope and a bit of time.
Thanks again.
John.