Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: MOT - the new registration plate regulations SUSSPENDED  (Read 1838 times)

spanner

MOT - the new registration plate regulations SUSSPENDED
« on: November 19, 2007, 17:35:25 PM »
New Reg Plate regs for MOT Susspended
Anyone who's read on some of the other BB's about the new registration plate regulations required for MOT test............. it's been susspended. Test stations were all issued with a message at weekend as follows;

Date Sent: 16/11/2007 20:01

For technical reasons with immediate effect no registration plates must be
failed for wrong colour - missing supplier details postcode - BSAU
number - background overprinting - honeycomb or smilar effect background
non reflective borders - unacceptable symbols or flags until further
notice. An SN will be issued with further details shortly.

Lot of people on other bb's panicing over nothing anyway for real change was cars first registered from 01st Sept 2001 it was them who were not allowed honeycomb etc so all your old bangers XR's etc  didn't effect anyway  

Guessing now some bright sparks found a legal loophole and VOSA having to re-think.

Offline robrs2

• http://
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 18:35:00 PM »
Its not legal for them to back date changes. It like old cars that were not fitted with seat belts don't need them.
I couldn't imagine being forced to fit new plates. About £30 a car and i have 4 to do.

Simon 3 door

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 18:47:13 PM »
Quote from: robrs2
Its not legal for them to back date changes. It like old cars that were not fitted with seat belts don't need them.
I couldn't imagine being forced to fit new plates. About £30 a car and i have 4 to do.

Yeah its only illegal spacing, illegible fonts and damaged plates that they can fail you on it seems. With the regulation of number plate suppliers one would think that dodgy plates would be a thing of the past but with mail order from North of Hadrians Wall, and West of Liverpool Docks over the water to the land of the green spuds where regulation is not in place (correct me if I am wrong about Scotland but it was the case) and so called graphics companies producing show plates, it is still a major issue. Thing is most of them look totally pants.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk