We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.


Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 1908 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

moles

  • Guest
Hi there
« on: November 10, 2007, 17:13:14 PM »
Hello. Been on here a while and thought it was time to say hello.
My names Mike and I'm from Southend I've got a 1959 100e with 2.8 V6.  Been considering 24v swap for a while but a bit worried about extra weight. What do you lot reckon?




Offline just4george

  • Donation Sponsor
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Hi there
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 17:22:57 PM »
Quote from: moles
Hello. Been on here a while and thought it was time to say hello.
My names Mike and I'm from Southend I've got a 1959 100e with 2.8 V6.  Been considering 24v swap for a while but a bit worried about extra weight. What do you lot reckon?




Hi mike,
being new my self managed to mess up reply, car looks nice don't think there is much differance in weight between engines the top half of the 24 is all alloy, but lots more of it.
George.
Photos soon.

Offline Taps

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2983
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Hi there
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 17:34:25 PM »
Welcome to Fordpower Mike, nice motor you have there, would have thought the 24V would be ok, what suspension you using on it.

moles

  • Guest
Hi there
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 17:44:20 PM »
Quote from: Taps
Welcome to Fordpower Mike, nice motor you have there, would have thought the 24V would be ok, what suspension you using on it.
Its all Mk2 escort up front. In the process of slamming it on the deck and fitting some banded steels want it to go round corners. Got rid of auto box and fancy some track days in it, hence worries about extra weight.

Offline Taps

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2983
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Hi there
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 17:47:28 PM »
Quote from: moles
Its all Mk2 escort up front. In the process of slamming it on the deck and fitting some banded steels want it to go round corners. Got rid of auto box and fancy some track days in it, hence worries about extra weight.

Then should be fine, theres Mk2 Escort 24Vs about  

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk