We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: 24v in a xr4x4  (Read 1991 times)

ada503

24v in a xr4x4
« on: November 03, 2011, 22:39:29 PM »
hi newbie here with a few questions i hope someone can answer

fitted a 24v engine boa in my 1989 xr4x4. i have a few issues to resolve.

1. purchased new granada cosworth downpipes, drivers side manifold fits perfectly to the downpipe, passenger side manifold doesnt match up, as in the manifold flange is totally flat and the downpipe is cupped? this is the same as the xr4x4 ones. am i missing something?

2. power steering pipe, as in rack to pump pipe is missing from the 24v, can the xr4x4 one be modded to fit as i cant find a replacement part anywhere

3. any tips on the wiring? i have found the pics/ diagrams on this site, just wondering if it is any different fitting this engine straight in the xr4x4? i do have the complete loom from the granada. 

4. anyone know where i can get hold of some reasonably priced lambda sensors?

thanks
mark

Offline robrs2

• http://
Re: 24v in a xr4x4
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 01:54:32 AM »
1. purchased new granada cosworth downpipes, drivers side manifold fits perfectly to the downpipe, passenger side manifold doesnt match up, as in the manifold flange is totally flat and the downpipe is cupped? this is the same as the xr4x4 ones. am i missing something?
Are you sure there granada 24V downpipes?. I used some XR4x4 ones. They need to be cut and bent/rewelded to get the right angle to meet the manifold and lamda bosses added.

2. power steering pipe, as in rack to pump pipe is missing from the 24v, can the xr4x4 one be modded to fit as i cant find a replacement part anywhere
The sierra pipe may fit the 24V pump but depends on the year its from. But the pumps are all same just different size adaptors screwed into the outlet. Pipe you have should fit in though. Had to bend the end on mine a little to get it to go in right.

3. any tips on the wiring? i have found the pics/ diagrams on this site, just wondering if it is any different fitting this engine straight in the xr4x4? i do have the complete loom from the granada.  
You need the Granada ecu and its loom. This can be connected up to the sierra loom. Depends on the year the ecu and car its going into if the connector plugs are the same of different.

4. anyone know where i can get hold of some reasonably priced lambda sensors?
Any universal sensor will do.Think they are 3 wire, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-3-WIRE-UNIVERSAL-LAMBDA-O2-OXYGEN-SENSOR-/110723934645?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19c7a929b5

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk