Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Looking for a company to produce some parts........  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Looking for a company to produce some parts........
« on: October 24, 2010, 21:14:12 PM »
Can anyone recommend or suggest any companies that would possibly make a run of automotive rubber insulators/carb to inlet pipes?!? I`ve emailed afew companies but no luck so far  

They`re quite small 40mm tall by 55mm long, 40mm diameter but they`ve got a two 10mm bolt hole flange on one end which takes a recessed o-ring.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 21:14:40 PM by Leebay »

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

Offline robrs2

• http://
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 22:49:57 PM »
Quote from: Leebay
Can anyone recommend or suggest any companies that would possibly make a run of automotive rubber insulators/carb to inlet pipes?!? I`ve emailed afew companies but no luck so far  

They`re quite small 40mm tall by 55mm long, 40mm diameter but they`ve got a two 10mm bolt hole flange on one end which takes a recessed o-ring.

Are there no bike carb bits like that

Offline Mikey J

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 23:09:55 PM »
Side draft webbers sometimes have runners that bolt in like this?  May be worth looking into.

Janspeedcapri

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 23:58:40 PM »
Why not cast copies yourself? Google and youtube will show you how and it'll cost next to nothing.

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 08:55:19 AM »
Cheers for the response guys.

They are a obsolete Honda part from the old 80`s dual carbs. I`ve been given a complete set-up to strip and send off if necessary but I think I might have found a place in Petersfield just down the road just waiting for a call back.

Dont really have the time to knock some up myself.......did think about plasma cutting some flanges and metal tube to design a metal version with a striaght rubber coupling but I dont really have the time to do it atm.

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk