We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Its been a while!  (Read 2268 times)

Doughnutter

Its been a while!
« on: July 03, 2010, 23:06:28 PM »
Been ages since I was last on! Appologies to everyone who has PM'd me with no reply!

I've had a mental busy time of late. The trackday business has kept me really busy planning and working. Uni was intense towards the end, but happy to say I passed the year, top grades in most subjects too  Been building cars and engines left, right and centre for people, stuck in a machine shop a lot of the time and I never seem to have clean finger nails any more    Added to which a lot on the home front some good, some not so good. We are also working with some motorsport post grads from Bangladore and should be distributing a new EMS soon. Testing is going really well.

I've also made time to do some drifting from time to time again which has felt really good and several of my own projects have moved on a step or 2. Sadly I may not be a Ford drifter for much longer, finally having to admit that Jap scrap is better out of the tin than the Fords, even after all the development work I've put into the 3 door and 5 door cars. I think a R32 might be calling for next years competition plans  

Taken me a fair while to read the posts since I left but it feels good to see whats been going on and see peoples progress.

Feel like a newbie all over again  

Offline cossiemk2

• Administrator
    • http://www.cossiemk2.tk
Its been a while!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 23:44:48 PM »
It's good to hear from you mate.

Too bad yer going Jap now but I guess there are worse things then an R32  

As long as you pop in now and then.

Doughnutter

Its been a while!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 00:01:30 AM »
Cheers dude!

I'll be keeping the 3 door for sure long term, possibly the 5 door that I use for trackdays as well. I'll probably sell the P100 now though (just bought a Transit crew cab transporter for £425 off a mate that needs some love, but is functional and MOT'd gave him scrap money as he was desperate to sell and ultimately its taty and needs a new bed in the near future) and the 5 door Pinto'd hatch may be going to a mate for a project car. I'll still be around on here for a few years yet though  

R32 seems my best choice.  The S13's a little old all things considered, the 14's a little to common and the 15's a bit expensive. R33 looks a bit lardy and girly, the R34 again is a bit expensive. I like the styling of the 32's, the fact they use a lot of S body components when things need replacing. The RB20 is supposed to be good for up to 350 out of the tin with reasonable reliability with a headgasket change, maybe 400 at a push. RB25 and 26 will go in at a later date if required, but 3-400 should be plenty for a few years drifting.

I'd love a manual Soarer single turbo, but again price is the issue. I think they look ace and they drift awesome, but then a R32 2 door also looks great in my eyes and theres loads of tuning parts available.

I'd love to carry on drifitng the 3 door seriously but after the work thats going into it I find I hold back sometimes for fear of crashing it. Parts are getting harder to come by and Nissan bits seem to grow on trees  

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Its been a while!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 21:15:32 PM »
Good to see you back on  

Stick a 24v BOA in the transit recovery truck, weld the axle up and drift that!   hehe. I`ve got afew odds and sods left over from a mk5 transit I broke awhile back if your in need of any bits. If I`ve got anything of use you can have it cos I`m having a clear out soon off all the old ebay stock ready for new stuff that coming in next month and just need the space.

I must admit I`ve noticed the increase in Jap parts lately down the yards.......I assumed most Jap stuff went straight for export. Cant remember the last time I saw a sierra in the scrappy down here though so the tables have turned somewhat. Theres afew soarer`s around my way as well and I must admit they look spot on, not heavily modded externally with huge gash bodykits just lowered on nice wide rims.

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

Doughnutter

Its been a while!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 00:44:59 AM »
Haha funny you should say that, got a 24v sat in the shed that me a mate are going to put in the recovery truck next month. The 2.5 diseasal is pretty gutless with a car on the back, I've come to dread steep hills     Think the diff will stay unwelded though  

Very interested in parts for it, it soes need a few bits and pieces, If you could send me a list of what you have and prices i'd appreciate it  

Have to agrre with you about the body kits looking gash on a lot of the Jap stuff. Slight lowering, few tweaks to the camber and toe, alongside some nice wheels with the right dish and offset and they look sweet  

Offline v6gerry

Its been a while!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 20:14:52 PM »
Quote from: Doughnutter
Been ages since I was last on! Appologies to everyone who has PM'd me with no reply!

I've had a mental busy time of late. The trackday business has kept me really busy planning and working. Uni was intense towards the end, but happy to say I passed the year, top grades in most subjects too  Been building cars and engines left, right and centre for people, stuck in a machine shop a lot of the time and I never seem to have clean finger nails any more    Added to which a lot on the home front some good, some not so good. We are also working with some motorsport post grads from Bangladore and should be distributing a new EMS soon. Testing is going really well.

I've also made time to do some drifting from time to time again which has felt really good and several of my own projects have moved on a step or 2. Sadly I may not be a Ford drifter for much longer, finally having to admit that Jap scrap is better out of the tin than the Fords, even after all the development work I've put into the 3 door and 5 door cars. I think a R32 might be calling for next years competition plans  

Taken me a fair while to read the posts since I left but it feels good to see whats been going on and see peoples progress.

Feel like a newbie all over again  
Hi doughnutter  can you empty your pm inbox ! i'm trying to pm you but it said your inbox is full.
V6gerry

Doughnutter

Its been a while!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 20:47:14 PM »
Done  

Offline robrs2

• http://
Its been a while!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 20:41:47 PM »
R32 would need to come with an rb25 and all to bits fitted to make it worth getting one. R33 comes with it all on(33gtst) although big they ain't much heavier than a 32 and they can be lightened a lot.

S13 is the cheapest start for the jap stuff, but an s14a will drift in standard spec (will cost a lot more)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk