Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Hello Folks  (Read 2039 times)

AndyH

Hello Folks
« on: September 22, 2009, 10:02:39 AM »
Hi Fordpower people,

Joined the forum cus like most folk I need to be led by the hand to that dark place of flying spanners called a garage.
I'm building a Vindicator Sprint 4x4 Kit car with a BOB engine and sierra xr4x4 running gear, its the first one of its type and will feature at most kit car shows.
Not sure about the wiring or the bunch of bannanas on top of it or wot ecu to use (does standard run without its autobox?) or this that and the other.
At first was a bit daunting, but having found this site (no RS XR snobs, yippee) will be a big help.
After all we just want to enjoy the motors.

Cheers, Andy

PS Are TopBoss any good???????

Pin_cushion

Hello Folks
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 10:26:11 AM »
Hi dude, think there's two BOB's in Sierras on here maybe more... So should be of some aid to ya...
I've got some parts waiting to go on my BOA Sierra from TopBoss so i'll know more after there fitted, my dealings so far have been acceptable... :-D

Pin_cushion...

AndyH

Hello Folks
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »
Ta very much

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Hello Folks
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 21:04:52 PM »
Welcome to FordPower Andy  

Regarding TopBoss.......I`ve never had any dealings with them so cant comment, you`re best of doing a search on here and having alook at some of the old threads.  

Regarding the BOB.......unless you`re planning on running a after-market ECU and loom you`ll probably be better off using a BOA engine loom and ECU to run it, as the later BOB uses the Ford PATS system and its a bugger to re-wire. And yes the standard ECU will run without the autobox, afew on here have done away with the speed sensor wiring but you should be able to connect/use the one on the 4x4 mt75 box if it has one.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 21:06:55 PM by Leebay »

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

AndyH

Hello Folks
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 15:26:43 PM »
Cheers for that.
Looks like I might use the BOA stuff if I can lay my hands on it.
Thanks again, Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk