Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Bugger  (Read 1776 times)

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Bugger
« on: May 28, 2009, 21:36:33 PM »
No not yout Tone    

While sorting out the filing cabinet/V5 documents out earlier tonight I realised that the DVLA never actually sent me a letter through to sorn the rs1600i.

Even when I got in contact with them after all the problems getting the updated V5 with the engine change earlier in the year, they obviously never twigged that it was unlicenced. Trouble is that I`m guessing I dont really have a leg to stand on........ DVLA are going to turn around and say "its my responsibility to check". Cant remember if the tax had already expired when I bought the shell but just checked online and its showing its unlicenced from the date I purchased it nearly two years ago   Just applied for sorn online and the database has already twigged theres a date difference.......so looks like I`ll be getting a nice fine through the post.

You might want to check to see if the DVLA have sent you a reminder!    

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

Transit RS

Bugger
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 22:01:54 PM »
i had some sorns expire - 3 vehicles for about 4 months resorned them on the net and never heard anything  

fingers crossed for you!

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Bugger
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 16:10:54 PM »
Hehe I think I dodged the bullet. Letter came in the post today confirming the SORN   no mention of a fine.

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
Bugger
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 22:22:25 PM »
what happend regarding the engine change/engineer report.

I have 3 cars that need the engine sizes changing and don't want to spend ages seeking out an engineer.

TT

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Bugger
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 16:42:19 PM »
I asked my mate that gets my gasket sets and does my head skimming to write a receipt out for the engine swap as hes got 3 businesses on the go one being general car repairs (At the time LDS wasnt fully up and running,I hadnt got round to ordering my own headed receipts/invoicing paper) He told me to p*ss off as that would involve him writing something lol    and gave me 3-4 of his headed receipts to write out myself.

So thats what I did, wrote aload of sh*te really for work carried out.....including confirmation of the new capacity and engine no. sent it off, DVLA never questioned it and I had the new updated V5 back within 3 days    Job done.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 16:44:22 PM by Leebay »

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
Bugger
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 21:28:01 PM »
So have you got your own headed paper I can borrow now

TT

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Bugger
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 14:22:07 PM »
Pm me your address mate and I`ll post them to you  

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Offline sierra3dr

Bugger
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 08:56:09 AM »
I got fined when I bought the Sierra 4x4. The tax was due to expire,just prior to when I bought it. I didn't get the DVLA reminder,only got the letter for the fine,I written to DVLA stating the cross-over period was when the tax was due to run out,and I suspected that the previous owner had received the reminder because the DVLA database evidentally was not updated. Never did get it waivered.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk