Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: "bad news"  (Read 1774 times)

Janspeedcapri

"bad news"
« on: April 21, 2009, 13:32:43 PM »
went to get the wifes v70 from its test and the fella has a long face on and says "bad news I'm afraid"    
then he shows me the fails...

1. side repeater bulb out
2. suspension bush gone
3. handbrake need adjusting

I laughed in his face  I thought he was going to say all 4 tyres were fooked and the cat is shagged  

I said "that nothing mate" he dropped the act and, smiled and said "yeah, its f*ckall realy"    

just shows you what an act they put on for people who don't know how to fix simple faults

btw - i have no idea how that address got into the subject (sorted that out now, tony)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 19:34:32 PM by maddoldbugger »

IansSaph

"bad news"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 15:08:33 PM »
poor do init when the bigest mystry a mechcanic can throw at you is a suspension bush.....

BTW me either. made me look tho! :-)

tonto

"bad news"
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 20:39:04 PM »
did a service on an astra to other day. it had failed an mot for : no washer fluid & loose head light. no watering cans at kwikfit then

Janspeedcapri

"bad news"
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 22:09:04 PM »
Quote from: tonto
no washer fluid

thats pretty shit actualy - they could of made it an advisory surely... tossers  ive been let off with bulbs to do before now   ah...theres good an bad.

Kezza

"bad news"
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 21:06:41 PM »
The problem is that so many people believe them

raf

"bad news"
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 21:28:44 PM »
Used to go to a garage near me for mot's at first i had to bring my car back for a re test, then when he realised i was trustworthy and got the work done he started to pass my cars on the condition i did the work. I always got the work done just felt good to be trusted   Unfortunately the garage has closed down
Now i've found one that lets lil things slip through but doesn't always tell me what prefered the old one atleast i had a warnin of what was gonna fall off next! lol

24vdan

"bad news"
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 21:38:11 PM »
Quote from: raf
Used to go to a garage near me for mot's at first i had to bring my car back for a re test, then when he realised i was trustworthy and got the work done he started to pass my cars on the condition i did the work. I always got the work done just felt good to be trusted

My mot tester is the same, i take all my cars to him. Last mot on the wifes 1970's beetle he told me it had failed but had passed straight away too, i asked him how and he said 'you know how it is with vosa' obviously meaning it cant pass MOT first time every year even though it only does about 300 miles a year and has just had a full resto....

Oh, he actually failed it on a number plate lamp! lol

Kezza

"bad news"
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 00:37:21 AM »
The garage where my dad gets his mondy Mot'd seem to let things go all the time or not notice them, last year it passed with the abs light on and it werent even mentioned

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk