We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: gauges  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Marc

gauges
« on: February 26, 2009, 14:48:40 PM »
I'm thinking about putting a few gauges in the 24v to hopefully prevent problems with oil leaks and so on, or at least be able to notice them earlier.  

Anyway, I'm looking for an oil pressure, oil temperature and ampere gauge. What are the good and reasonably prices makes? I want it to look as stock as possible, so preferable black background, red/orange needles with white numbers and green lighting. I also don't like the idea of an oil capillary to the back of my dash, so I prefer gauges with electric sensors.

Does anyone have some suggestions?

'90 Sapphire Cosworth 4x4
'91 Sapphire 2.9 24v RWD

Offline PaPiTo Paul

• Advanced Member
    • PaPiTo Paul's universe
gauges
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 14:18:30 PM »
I just got some gauges from Autometer. http://www.autometer.com/]http://www.autometer.com/ for a starting point.
-PaPiTo Paul

Offline JFB Tech

gauges
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 01:45:29 AM »
I use Tim gauges, they are available with black dials/white lettering and you can put green bulb laquer on the bulbs for green illumination.  They are quite cheap, as you will only be looking for changes from normal rather than absolute figures, accuracy is not really important.  Their gauges are available as either electric or mechanical (capillary)
Drive it like you mean it!
IPB Image

Offline Marc

gauges
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 18:05:40 PM »
I just had a look in the Burton cataloque. The Racetech gauges look quite nice to me. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I also wondered whether the oil filter sandwich plate listed in the cataloque fits the 24v. It says it's suitable for 3/4 UNF threaded oil filters.... but I don't have a clue what thread Ford standard uses.  

'90 Sapphire Cosworth 4x4
'91 Sapphire 2.9 24v RWD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk