Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Matching tyres/tread on sierra 4x4  (Read 1302 times)

Offline revhead

Matching tyres/tread on sierra 4x4
« on: November 27, 2008, 01:32:14 AM »
Is there an issue with matching tyre tread depth and makes on the sierra 4x4? I know the Vauxhall setup is supposed to lunch the transfer box unless you religiously keep all four treads the same...

Maccroft

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 13:08:23 PM »
Quote from: revhead
Is there an issue with matching tyre tread depth and makes on the sierra 4x4? I know the Vauxhall setup is supposed to lunch the transfer box unless you religiously keep all four treads the same...

As far as I know its Axle sets on the 4x4.

Simon 3 door

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 22:29:14 PM »
Quote from: Maccroft
As far as I know its Axle sets on the 4x4.
Always best to keep the tread depths as equal as possible - do this by rotating the wheels round the car (swapping diagonally is a good idea to even out the wear) - that way you don't overload the centre diff. Volvo AWD's are also susceptible to this.

Offline Tony

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://www.maddoldbugger.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 23:08:55 PM »
to be honest i never swap diagonaly the directional tyres mean having to swap them over on the rims
i just make sure that the tyres are the same make/type per axle,
if you fit brand new tyres to the front or rear yet have old on the other end they will be well within fords specs,

volvo's are truely bomb proof compared to the vauxhall 4x4's turbo toffie gears!

tony

the 24v xr4i auto-0 to 60 in 6.71 secs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk