Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Turbo Technics In A Dax  (Read 2424 times)

TurboTecnicsDax

Turbo Technics In A Dax
« on: November 13, 2008, 20:21:57 PM »
hi guys

new here looking at info for my dax and general stuff

ive put a 2.0l dohc turbo, well its actually belonged to turbo technics, they had the car for 10 years got the V5 for it, in my dax rush kit car, goes like a rocket now.

off to the rolling road tuesday to have her set up properly.

got a thread here on the dax forum from when i started it.

http://forum.rushowners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3120]Dax Sporting Club

keep up the intersting stuff, hard to find info on a rarer engine

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
Turbo Technics In A Dax
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 16:19:44 PM »
Hello and welcome to FordPower  

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
Turbo Technics In A Dax
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 20:19:00 PM »
Cool

I love the Rush.. Would love a Quadra Cosworth

TT

TurboTecnicsDax

Turbo Technics In A Dax
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »
thanks guys, was an interesting task getting it all in the engine bay, its rammed now with the charge cooler, oil cooler and all the pipework to get the thing working coorectly.

not sure what the rolling road will bring and what adjustments can be made if any, as i have a lamba sensor with a wideband af gauge and when i boot it it dumps loads of fuel in and is rich, your thoughts from someone who knows this engine would be appreciated.

Offline Tony

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://www.maddoldbugger.co.uk
Turbo Technics In A Dax
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »
welcome in chap!!

my mate has a dax rush tho he has a 5.0ltr TVR V8 in his,,(and you thought yours was tight for space)

ok the  twin cam was named boat achor by many sierra owners but its a good engine.. solid enough and the only reall down fall of this engine is the plastic cam covers,

i know of one turbo twincam xr4x4 running near 300bhp,, yes i did say twincam at 300bhp.(originaly i think you could get janspeed or turbo tech conversions.)

mike at boost performance built the engine and a guy called neil owns it, i drove it while it was eerrmm limmited to 24obhp ish, and i can say its bloody fast.

p.s. bring it to ford fair in aug 2009,  its a big year as the minkers are 20 years old and we also hope geoff kershaw will be turning up again!im sure he will know your car!!!

tony

the 24v xr4i auto-0 to 60 in 6.71 secs

TurboTecnicsDax

Turbo Technics In A Dax
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »
that sounds a plan as id dearly love to know more of the history of the car, as tt had it for 10 years, 1980 to 1990.

the rolling road has allowed me to put boost at 7psi and now its running at 183 bhp with 200n of torque, which is nice with a nice ballanced power curve, suprised how refined it feels espec as its over 25 year old technology, ok got some new bits on it, but basically still the same unit tt had in there car for those 10 years notching up 75k in it before it was sold on and lay unused for the next 8 years.

cheers

colin
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:04:07 PM by TurboTecnicsDax »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk