We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: vibration  (Read 1738 times)

jay

vibration
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
hi ive got a sierra xr 4x4 and when im driving at 60 there is alot of vibration comin through the gear stick does any one no what this is and is it normal thanks jay

Offline Chris

• http://
vibration
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 15:28:10 PM »
Quote from: jay
hi ive got a sierra xr 4x4 and when im driving at 60 there is alot of vibration comin through the gear stick does any one no what this is and is it normal thanks jay

There could be several reason for it, but the first places to look would be the rubber donut that connects the gearbox to the propshaft, or check the alignment of the centre support bearing.

Chris
IBA   15631

jay

vibration
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 17:42:48 PM »
ok m8 il check that thanks

Offline Mik

• Donation Sponsor
vibration
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 21:49:43 PM »
Or its a hedgehog wrapped around the prop.

Doughnutter

vibration
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 15:41:58 PM »
Quote from: jay

Mine does the same  

I just drive at 50 or 70  

Would like to sort it though, I know my doughnut's brand new so i'll look at the prop alignment now  

Offline Tony

• Donation Sponsor
    • http://www.maddoldbugger.co.uk
vibration
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 19:50:25 PM »
on the 4x4 always check the front prop. they are known to cause the vibs and if they break youl be looking for another gearbox as they tend to slap around and break the bellhousing,

if thats ok, check and see if the shims are in the center bearing, if not then thats where ya problem is

tony

the 24v xr4i auto-0 to 60 in 6.71 secs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk