Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Any Australians?  (Read 1365 times)

Janspeedcapri

Any Australians?
« on: July 29, 2008, 23:12:04 PM »
Ive done a fair amount of looking around but i think things like the xr6 engines change hands localy so i need someone local to tip me off like.  anyone? I would realy like a BF turbo but tbh i'll concider any of the DOHC 24V engines used in Falcons...

Simon 3 door

Any Australians?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 23:18:56 PM »
Quote from: Janspeedcapri
Ive done a fair amount of looking around but i think things like the xr6 engines change hands localy so i need someone local to tip me off like.  anyone? I would realy like a BF turbo but tbh i'll concider any of the DOHC 24V engines used in Falcons...
The later XR Falcons use a 6 cylinder "typhoon" forced induction engine or a V8 similar to the American V8 engine. The XR6 lump would go nicely in a Capri...

Janspeedcapri

Any Australians?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 23:28:35 PM »
Quote from: Simon 3 door
The XR6 lump would go nicely in a Capri...
yup  i reckon theres length for it in the bay too...and with shouldn't be any problem at all. The spec is sweet, and its straight 6 - my dream, purist configuration...perfectly balanced firing, no  primary or secondary order vibration...mmmmm  you KNOW that engine could be remapped for at least 380 as is  and look at the torque  and with VVT its o.k on juice. i heard you can ditch the VVT with a certain cam and gets shedloads more out of it....destroying the MPG  
BF XR6 Turbo 4.0 L EFI DOHC Unleaded 245 kW (329 hp) 480 N·m (354 ft·lbf) Garrett GT3540 turbocharger

IansSaph

Any Australians?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 11:02:28 AM »
i've got some landlords out there and a mate that works off shore down under.

i looked at importing one ages ago, they are fecking cool. I've got an old performance ford with a review on them. and they do Utes (pick ups) which are also rather tasty
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:03:03 AM by IansSaph »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk