Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: importing from usa?  (Read 1770 times)

sleepy-steve

importing from usa?
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:48:45 AM »
i was told today (by a courier) that you can get around paying import tax/duty on USA products by getting sent to a US base over here and or get it sent as a presant.

can anyone comfirm this?

madasahatter

importing from usa?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:49:57 AM »
Even if getting sent as a present you can stillget caught beware      

Janspeedcapri

importing from usa?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
Ive bought lots of things from the states and never been charged duty by customs....always have them delivered straight to my house too.

andykay

importing from usa?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 13:05:38 PM »
Just imported a torque converter £44 import duty plus VAT then bought some engine parts and there was no charge  

Andy.

IansSaph

importing from usa?
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 13:35:38 PM »
luck of the draw.... i've never been stung by it, i've just got some injectors on a private purchase, they were listed as goods and still no charge but my mate got some screens from japan and had to pay an other £40 or so....

place your order and hope for the best, but the best advise is to have it declared as a 'gift' with a 'low value'

Ian

madasahatter

importing from usa?
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 15:25:59 PM »

Quote from: IansSaph
luck of the draw.... i've never been stung by it, i've just got some injectors on a private purchase, they were listed as goods and still no charge but my mate got some screens from japan and had to pay an other £40 or so....

place your order and hope for the best, but the best advise is to have it declared as a 'gift' with a 'low value'

Ian

Mine was megasquirt lol        

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk