We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Thanks Taps  (Read 2152 times)

popuptoaster

Thanks Taps
« on: June 18, 2008, 22:53:25 PM »
Cheers for doing such a stirling job on the Cortina, she drove fine on the way home (other than the bounce from them front springs) car feels well planted for a wobbly old cortina, sat nav says the speedo is about 2mph fast at 50 and 3mph out at 70, about the same at 120 mph probably  not sure about the gearing and the red line with no rev counter in it yet, but would have easily carried on picking up speed if the private test track had been longer and i knew what she was revving at.

Anyway, cheers for a good job at a good price and i didnt forget the clutch once. :D

Simon 3 door

Thanks Taps
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 22:58:10 PM »
Quote from: popuptoaster
Cheers for doing such a stirling job on the Cortina, she drove fine on the way home (other than the bounce from them front springs) car feels well planted for a wobbly old cortina, sat nav says the speedo is about 2mph fast at 50 and 3mph out at 70, about the same at 120 mph probably  not sure about the gearing and the red line with no rev counter in it yet, but would have easily carried on picking up speed if the private test track had been longer and i knew what she was revving at.

Anyway, cheers for a good job at a good price and i didnt forget the clutch once. :D
Gonna get some Dulux on it for Ford Fair fella?

popuptoaster

Thanks Taps
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 23:06:07 PM »
wont be painted till ive sorted out the interior and found some nice shiny trim for it, it'll stay "rat" for a while. :D

Offline Taps

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Thanks Taps
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 23:09:33 PM »
Glad ya pleased with it m8, get used to it and enjoy, hope the sides of ya mouth dont hurt to much from all the grinning ya be doing  

madasahatter

Thanks Taps
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 01:20:17 AM »
Saw the car being built and it looked GOOD!!!  

Owain

Thanks Taps
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 18:29:01 PM »
another car finished to the same high standards as we all expect from taps, great work taps, and matryn, enjoy it mate

popuptoaster

Thanks Taps
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 15:03:19 PM »
chased a porsche turbo up the A12 yesterday, should have seen the look on his face when he turned off up a slip road and i cruised past. :D :D

Offline Taps

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Thanks Taps
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2008, 16:05:56 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk