We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: VIRUS ALERT  (Read 2348 times)

bas saph

VIRUS ALERT
« on: June 10, 2008, 22:59:15 PM »
JUSTA WARNING TO MSN USERS.  today i received a message from a friend saying here is a photo for you and a link.  I clicked the link and asked it to run.  nothing happened so I clicked and saved.  still nothing happened I tried to delete but couldn't.  then I shut down the conversation as was able to delete the file from pc.  10mins later I get a call from another freind saying what had I sent her  :?: as her pc has froze up.  Nothing I reply then my phone rings so put her on hold another freind sue tells me the same thing.  It comes up with diffent links and we think its called ACID RAIN.  It sends msn messsages to you MSN contacts and then when they try to open it infects their pc and sends messages to their contacts.  At this stage I would advise no links be oppned via Msn unless you varify the contact has sent it.  we are still trying to assertain if it concills viruse and trojons

2 saffs

VIRUS ALERT
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »
I had the same thing not so long ago, i read around and im fairly sure it is a spam mail thing, as you say it signs into your MSN and then spams everyone in your contact list, then when they open it it does the same.
I got rid of it by uninstaaling MSN completely, restarted then ran 3 seperate virus scanners through my computer, then reinstalled MSN and changed my password for net passport.
I have heard you can stopp it by just changing your password, but it was sending msgs to my contacts when i wasnt online so i went for the full kill and start again approach!

As a rule i never ever click on links unless that person is online to ask if its safe! Learnt that the hard way like you mate.

bas saph

VIRUS ALERT
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 17:29:39 PM »
Quote from: 2 saffs
I had the same thing not so long ago, i read around and im fairly sure it is a spam mail thing, as you say it signs into your MSN and then spams everyone in your contact list, then when they open it it does the same.
I got rid of it by uninstaaling MSN completely, restarted then ran 3 seperate virus scanners through my computer, then reinstalled MSN and changed my password for net passport.
I have heard you can stopp it by just changing your password, but it was sending msgs to my contacts when i wasnt online so i went for the full kill and start again approach!

As a rule i never ever click on links unless that person is online to ask if its safe! Learnt that the hard way like you mate.

yes is a bit rubbish.  will try changing password thanks although everyone I know received urgent updates.

I scanned but found nothing.  but on boot up I have a proggramme trying to run later I will disconnect internet and reboot pc and allow file to run as I cant fnd it prob now within msn and then run checks again or mayby when i open it the pc will correct its self thanks to updates?

2 saffs

VIRUS ALERT
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 17:47:33 PM »
Best bet is to totally uninstall it mate, then run ya checks then change ya net passport, then reinstall msn.

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
VIRUS ALERT
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 17:48:20 PM »
It's why I run Linux.

TT

24vdan

VIRUS ALERT
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 20:47:59 PM »
Got that link off my sis about 2 months back, took me feckin ages to try and vault the damn thing. everytime i did it came up else where. ended up dissconnecting my computer from all external links and uninstall all prgrams i didn't need and all the lastest ones that had been installed without me knowing.

All seems to be well now though and has been for a month or so now,

bas saph

VIRUS ALERT
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 23:17:44 PM »
I have unistalled MSN but these probs still exsist.

have a programme called SERVICAAA.EXE Trying to run dont know what it is and cant seem to get rid of it. Also on scanning pc, it stops and flashes up problems Trojans.c.sbi any one know what any of these are or mean ?

bas saph

VIRUS ALERT
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »
DELETED MSN didnt work. tried re-installing and they wanted money.
did a system restore. it iradacated SERVICAAA.EXE. Dont know is Trojans.c.sbi is still their.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk