We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: advice needed please on dealing with dodgy seller  (Read 2480 times)

bas saph

advice needed please on dealing with dodgy seller
« on: April 24, 2008, 23:03:45 PM »
Bidded on a car, on ebay advertised as "excerlant working order" as I had won the bid. I had basically signed a contract. I looked over the car and was ok condition was a little worse than said but its a 1988 motor. Paid for it and drove away. Their was a strange grinding noise. Next day I tried it again. yep defo somthing wrong. Contacted seller and discussed it. He offered refund. I said id find out what was wrong and contact him. This I did, two indipendent machanic'S said it was a diff problem. Ware and tare. I informed seller tonight, that cheapest repair was £200 and their for id like, the offer of a refund on car. He has refused this so I asked him to pay garage for repairs, ie second hand gear box fitted. Again he refused and is now saying ive damage it.
It has been left that he is going to speak to a machanic and get back to me tomorrow.

If we do not settle this matter I intend to :
Post negative feed back
Complain to E-bay
Get an engineers report
Make sure I Let as many people as posible about this matter
and mayby take him to court.
Any advice welcome, please
Since ive had it. I have freed up the stiff hinges door locks, petrol cap, ignition system and sorted the tyre pressures one TYRE only have 10lbs
of presure, also he stated four new tyres only 3 are new and when I picked it up he informed me that exsaust was knocking. He told me it had four speakers but it only has three. this guys a con man.
please advise me never been in this position before.

Simon 3 door

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 23:48:26 PM »
Quote from: bas saph
Bidded on a car, on ebay advertised as "excerlant working order" as I had won the bid. I had basically signed a contract. I looked over the car and was ok condition was a little worse than said but its a 1988 motor. Paid for it and drove away. Their was a strange grinding noise. Next day I tried it again. yep defo somthing wrong. Contacted seller and discussed it. He offered refund. I said id find out what was wrong and contact him. This I did, two indipendent machanic'S said it was a diff problem. Ware and tare. I informed seller tonight, that cheapest repair was £200 and their for id like, the offer of a refund on car. He has refused this so I asked him to pay garage for repairs, ie second hand gear box fitted. Again he refused and is now saying ive damage it.
It has been left that he is going to speak to a machanic and get back to me tomorrow.

If we do not settle this matter I intend to :
Post negative feed back
Complain to E-bay
Get an engineers report
Make sure I Let as many people as posible about this matter
and mayby take him to court.
Any advice welcome, please
Since ive had it. I have freed up the stiff hinges door locks, petrol cap, ignition system and sorted the tyre pressures one TYRE only have 10lbs
of presure, also he stated four new tyres only 3 are new and when I picked it up he informed me that exsaust was knocking. He told me it had four speakers but it only has three. this guys a con man.
please advise me never been in this position before.
Sadly the folks at Ebay are a bunch of do-nothings. Not because they can't be arsed, just that they are powerless to do so. OK there are "rules" to selling but it seems they aren't worth the screen space they take up. Don't expect any help from them fella. Best off smacking the c*nt with a 4x2 around the noggin - or take him to the small claims court for misrepresenting the vehicle. For a few hundred quid I'd personally get more satisfaction out of the former.

bas saph

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 00:06:58 AM »
Quote from: Simon 3 door
Sadly the folks at Ebay are a bunch of do-nothings. Not because they can't be arsed, just that they are powerless to do so. OK there are "rules" to selling but it seems they aren't worth the screen space they take up. Don't expect any help from them fella. Best off smacking the c*nt with a 4x2 around the noggin - or take him to the small claims court for misrepresenting the vehicle. For a few hundred quid I'd personally get more satisfaction out of the former.

I like your stile how much would you charge me    to do it.
I wouldnt go alone as I dont need the hassle that would follow from not having some one to hold me bck.

bas saph

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 20:24:21 PM »
Ok here we have it.
After I sent him an email explaining that we wanted a refund, or repairs or even just £50. Or we would get engineering report to prove fault was their.  Because I can get £280 for car. This would mean for £50 im not out of pocket. (excluding petrol to get car home and deisel to get their and back).  
He rang and a heated descusion broke out so I said OK ill see you in court.
We aggreed to see each other in court.
Five mins latter the phone rings, his paying up so should get cheque and get it cleared hopefully.  tHEN ALL DONE AND DUSTED. :th:

Simon 3 door

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 20:32:14 PM »
Quote from: bas saph
Ok here we have it.
After I sent him an email explaining that we wanted a refund, or repairs or even just £50. Or we would get engineering report to prove fault was their.  Because I can get £280 for car. This would mean for £50 im not out of pocket. (excluding petrol to get car home and deisel to get their and back).  
He rang and a heated descusion broke out so I said OK ill see you in court.
We aggreed to see each other in court.
Five mins latter the phone rings, his paying up so should get cheque and get it cleared hopefully.  tHEN ALL DONE AND DUSTED. :th:
LOL wait for the money to clear, then smack the twat for being cheeky    

Offline TwinTurbo

• Administrator
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 21:09:43 PM »
Ebay can't do much as the contract is between the seller and buyer. You would not hassel a paper if a car bought in the small ads was not as described...

Hopefully you are on the way to sorting and possibly keeping the car too...

TT

bas saph

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 21:51:48 PM »
Quote from: Simon 3 door
LOL wait for the money to clear, then smack the twat for being cheeky    
Nope I have made my point. I will sell the couple of new parts but scrape her and keep my eye out for a better one. pref with clear indicators, clear rears and adjustable spax lol for cheap.

bas saph

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 19:53:04 PM »
Do you beleive this poo. This is the email I received when I challanged no cheque has appeared yet ?
"I'm very sorry that you been waiting for the Cheque as i had a member of my family just passed away last week and i had to travel to italy to arange for the funral etc.
I will be back to the uk by the first or second week of june as the latest, i'm really sorry but i will keep my promiss and send you the cheque as soon i'm back."
no improvement in spelling

butpipe

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 20:52:06 PM »
sounds like he is going to drag his heals. Send him a dated final demand giving 28 days for payment in full, this also counts as a notice to start legal action by which you can get in contact with your local small claims court, it'll cost you £40 I think to file the claim, you won't need legal representation and it'll cost him more than the £200 or what ever to defend himself, he will then need to settle or appear in court, even if you don't get your money it'll be very inconvenient for him to appear and defend himself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk