We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Hi from Essex.  (Read 1895 times)

EssexRich

Hi from Essex.
« on: April 22, 2008, 00:59:07 AM »
Hi All,

I have a dream... no, wait, that's a rubbish start.

I have a goal. (That's more like it!).  I am going to take an abused XR4i, thats past its sell by date, probably from ebay, on the cheap, and hopefully make it into a 24V 4x4.  That should be a grin.

I'm confident I can do the 24V conversion, i'm just not massively convinced about my welding skills when it comes to modding the transmission tunnel for the 4x4 bits.

I must say, the articles in here are ace and thanks to Taps and MOB for setting this up. It really is a great resource.

Cheers,

Rich

Offline Taps

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Hi from Essex.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 07:05:49 AM »
Welcome to Fordpower Rich

Simon 3 door

Hi from Essex.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 11:48:43 AM »
Quote from: EssexRich
Hi All,

I have a dream... no, wait, that's a rubbish start.

I have a goal. (That's more like it!).  I am going to take an abused XR4i, thats past its sell by date, probably from ebay, on the cheap, and hopefully make it into a 24V 4x4.  That should be a grin.

I'm confident I can do the 24V conversion, i'm just not massively convinced about my welding skills when it comes to modding the transmission tunnel for the 4x4 bits.

I must say, the articles in here are ace and thanks to Taps and MOB for setting this up. It really is a great resource.

Cheers,

Rich
Rich - I'm at the stage of my conversion whereby it drives and I'm now getting ready to install the safety equipment for track use. If it was a road car conversion it would be on the road already.

You're in a good position with the 4i as a base. Mechanically it's a doddle - even the tunnel mods are easy. I'm about to patch mine up Thursday (well brother in law is as he's a welder). Lots of pics on my project thread on here, also lots on my blog and photobucket.

Welcome to Ford Power

Si.

fluff

Hi from Essex.
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 20:58:55 PM »
Welcome Mate
you have a guy very close to you at Horndon on the Hill
Barry Tucker - has done over 30 24v conversions and a good few xr4i 4x4 conversions - always a good guy for help and spares
07901 702406

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk