Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: not a ford question....but can anyne gve us some advise on brakes...  (Read 1460 times)

seany

how long on average should a set of front discs and pads last on a new car (06) ....

its a renault clio new model and we noticed a slight noise under heavy braking....the discs look quite worn and theres definate grooves on the disc, the pads however are about half way down and have about 7-10mm of good material left...its done about 15,000 miles on the isle of wight so no heavy braking...

any thoughts...

Offline Taps

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
not a ford question....but can anyne gve us some advise on brakes...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 18:16:28 PM »
Quote from: seany
how long on average should a set of front discs and pads last on a new car (06) ....

its a renault clio new model and we noticed a slight noise under heavy braking....the discs look quite worn and theres definate grooves on the disc, the pads however are about half way down and have about 7-10mm of good material left...its done about 15,000 miles on the isle of wight so no heavy braking...

any thoughts...

Most Fench crap eat disc's
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 18:17:47 PM by Taps »

seany

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 19:15:11 PM »
so do you think this is about average??...for frenchy car......its in for its 2 year service next monday....better get it looked at...bet they wont replace it under warranty??....and i bet they charge about £150 for it!!

Offline Taps

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 19:20:25 PM »
Quote from: seany
so do you think this is about average??...for frenchy car......

I would say so myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk