We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.


Author Topic: errmm what is this gearbox ?  (Read 1857 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cosworth.24v

  • Guest
errmm what is this gearbox ?
« on: March 26, 2008, 17:11:42 PM »
hi all i am getting there   but im really confused on gearboxes and what is best and is mine tough enough ????? oh sorry and what exactly is it? / does it come from it ? thanks in advance   [attachmentid=2285]



Offline Chris

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 445
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
errmm what is this gearbox ?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 17:27:03 PM »
Quote from: cosworth.24v
hi all i am getting there   but im really confused on gearboxes and what is best and is mine tough enough ????? oh sorry and what exactly is it? / does it come from it ? thanks in advance   [attachmentid=2285]


Looks like an MT75 RWD box to me......   Should be plenty strong enough   It could be hybrid MT75 4x4 and DOHC 5spd, or one of the rarer 5spd MT75s fitted to some European V6s

Chris
IBA   15631

Offline Leebay

  • LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 675
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • Gender: Male
    • LDS Engineering
errmm what is this gearbox ?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 17:35:45 PM »
Its a hybrid mt75 gearbox mate, basically a v6 4x4 mt75 bellhousing with a 2.0l dohc rear casing + 2.0 or 2.9 gears on a longer v6 shaft (think I got that all right?!?   )  

I`ve just put one on my rwd rs1600i.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 17:36:50 PM by Leebay »


LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

cosworth.24v

  • Guest
errmm what is this gearbox ?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 18:10:41 PM »
Quote from: Leebay
Its a hybrid mt75 gearbox mate, basically a v6 4x4 mt75 bellhousing with a 2.0l dohc rear casing + 2.0 or 2.9 gears on a longer v6 shaft (think I got that all right?!?   )  

I`ve just put one on my rwd rs1600i.

when she was rolling it was 130 before 5th was needed so im guessing the shaft has a 2.9 ratio on it cos when i had a 2litre it was screaming at 145 in 5th   thanks for clearing that up for me  

Quote from: cosworth.24v
when she was rolling it was 130 before 5th was needed so im guessing the shaft has a 2.9 ratio on it cos when i had a 2litre it was screaming at 145 in 5th   thanks for clearing that up for me  
another question if i am right and the shaft does have a 2.9 ratio what possibly would the top end of the gearbox be?

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk