Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: what do you think a cossy transit will do ‚€‚¼mile in?  (Read 2699 times)

Transit RS

what do you think a cossy transit will do ‚€‚¼mile in?
« on: February 05, 2008, 20:19:47 PM »
me and tony (oxtonyxo) are taking our BOA engined transits down the strip this May  

both vans are standard BOA de-catted and thats about it mods wise   mine has a 4.11:1 axle and tonys has a 4.56:1 i think, neither LSD'd both should be on alloys by then and better gripping car tyres!

a standard transit weighs about 1500kg shape wise mine is a mk2 and tony's a more aurodynamic mk5 but theres not much in the weights! the engines are quite far forward so getting the power down is tricky  and both are manual MT75 box's

so what do you all think our times will be ?

Simon 3 door

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 20:30:49 PM »
Quote from: Transit RS
me and tony (oxtonyxo) are taking our BOA engined transits down the strip this May  

both vans are standard BOA de-catted and thats about it mods wise   mine has a 4.11:1 axle and tonys has a 4.56:1 i think, neither LSD'd both should be on alloys by then and better gripping car tyres!

a standard transit weighs about 1500kg shape wise mine is a mk2 and tony's a more aurodynamic mk5 but theres not much in the weights! the engines are quite far forward so getting the power down is tricky  and both are manual MT75 box's

so what do you all think our times will be ?

Tony's gonna have the edge on acceleration but might spin up more on the line - when you get moving the shape of his is more slippery so ought to give him the edge slightly. I predict off the line you're more likely to get the power down in 1st gear - when he's in 2nd he'll creep ahead. LOL and no I'm not putting money on it      

oldbus

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:52:43 AM »
Quote from: Simon 3 door
Tony's gonna have the edge on acceleration but might spin up more on the line - when you get moving the shape of his is more slippery so ought to give him the edge slightly. I predict off the line you're more likely to get the power down in 1st gear - when he's in 2nd he'll creep ahead. LOL and no I'm not putting money on it      

Are you guys going to the Pod for Classic Ford?

If so there might be a german 24V oldish Transit who´s looking for someone to play with  

Transit RS

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
Quote from: oldbus
Are you guys going to the Pod for Classic Ford?

If so there might be a german 24V oldish Transit who´s looking for someone to play with
no mate were going to north weald 11th may  
http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23484]http://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23484

popuptoaster

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:43:59 PM »
I reckon i might pop along to that as its about 15 mins from my house. :D

Transit RS

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 19:34:20 PM »
so what do we think time wise ??????? more or less than 16 secs????

place your bets

oldbus

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 06:42:37 AM »
Quote from: Transit RS
so what do we think time wise ??????? more or less than 16 secs????

place your bets

Would love to be there with a stopwatch to find out  

Think 16 is more than decent though!!

Can someone take a vid when you go?

Transit RS

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 17:21:21 PM »
Quote from: oldbus
Would love to be there with a stopwatch to find out  

Think 16 is more than decent though!!

Can someone take a vid when you go?
there'll be plenty of vidoes and photos took  this one was at one of our meets last october (not a proper drag meet - just a big car park) - they dont appear that fast cos it was wet and both vans were struggling for grip - mine is the grey one i had the wheels spinning all the way untill i lifted off when the exhausts downpipes fell off there temprary mounts  

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/vannut/?action=view¤t=MVI_0507.flv target=_blank 220bhp with nitrous 175 dyno proven without

bas saph

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 15:45:54 PM »
add a couple of bags of sand in the boot might help of line, i reckon 16.35 for older one and newer van 16.09 if stuck a good pair of drag tyres though reckon u would save a second or more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk