• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
November 21, 2019, 06:41:30 AM


We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.


air con hose

Started by jaffa, January 02, 2008, 21:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaffa

ive got air con fitted on my 4x4 but since ive fitted a strut brace the air con hose is stretched over the top so i need a longer hose fitting anybody got any ideas?

Taps

Have a look at a 24V scorp one



Dont look like it comes out at such an angle as yours.

jaffa

Quote from: Taps
Have a look at a 24V scorp one



Marty

Will it fit? Where it goes into the pump on the 24V is in a differant place IIRC

Are you sure the pipe won't go under the brace?


Taps

Quote from: Marty

Are you sure the pipe won't go under the brace?






It would if he used the same brace as yours

Marty

Should fit under that

Taps

Quote from: Marty
Should fit under that


Must admit I've never seen one go over the bar before

xr4x4 mk1

January 03, 2008, 10:22:26 AM #7 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:23:13 AM by xr4x4 mk1
That should go under your bar easily Jaff      It would look a dam site better under than over  

jaffa

Quote from: xr4x4 mk1
That should go under your bar easily Jaff      It would look a dam site better under than over  


tried it mate but the angle it comes out from the bulkhead means you cant push it down to go under the strut brace

Quote from: Taps
 

Marty

The pipe is only alloy, you can bend it

snoopaloopa

Thats not the correct one for  a 2.9  is it?
 

not sure how that helps you    but i did get to see my motor again without getting cold  

Marty

Quote from: snoopaloopa
Thats not the correct one for  a 2.9  is it?
 

not sure how that helps you    but i did get to see my motor again without getting cold  



I like those rocker covers

jaffa

January 03, 2008, 19:16:04 PM #12 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 19:17:59 PM by jaffa
Quote from: snoopaloopa
Thats not the correct one for  a 2.9  is it?
 

not sure how that helps you    but i did get to see my motor again without getting cold  


yeah it is mate (i think)  plus if it was the same as yours id end up having clearence issues
on the abs like taps is at the moment


Quote from: Marty
The pipe is only alloy, you can bend it


if you bend it it will just crack!
and im tryiong to do the job without breaking anything

Marty

January 03, 2008, 19:30:35 PM #13 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 19:31:01 PM by Marty
I bent the hell out of mine when I fitted the 24V engine, it won't crack
Just apply steady pressure and only bend as much as you need and you won't go wrong. If possible try and bend on the straight and not the bend if possible.

snoopaloopa

January 03, 2008, 20:03:44 PM #14 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 20:04:22 PM by snoopaloopa
Quote from: Marty
I like those rocker covers



wondered if you'd remember mate    there coming off soon to be polished up and fitted on my TT    






Jaffa,

if you will mess about with new fangled things like abs then you deserve all you get  

on a slighty more serious note, the bloke i got mine from had it fitted onto his 'abs' xr4x4, must have been tight but then if its not touching its ok  

jaffa

Quote from: snoopaloopa
wondered if you'd remember mate    there coming off soon to be polished up and fitted on my TT    
Jaffa,

if you will mess about with new fangled things like abs then you deserve all you get  

on a slighty more serious note, the bloke i got mine from had it fitted onto his 'abs' xr4x4, must have been tight but then if its not touching its ok  


funny the bloke i got mine off had it fitted to an abs 4x4    

Taps

Totally off subject I know but what make are your strut bars Marty Jaffa and Snoopaloopa

Simon 3 door

Quote from: Taps
Totally off subject I know but what make are your strut bars Marty Jaffa and Snoopaloopa


Here's my strut brace... shown fitted to the donor vehicle still along with my polished intake & cam covers.


jaffa

Quote from: Taps
Totally off subject I know but what make are your strut bars Marty Jaffa and Snoopaloopa


not sure mate there wasnt any markings on mine and ive had it powder coated now  

snoopaloopa

Quote from: Taps
Totally off subject I know but what make are your strut bars Marty Jaffa and Snoopaloopa



'GT Performance' mate  

Marty

Quote from: Taps
Totally off subject I know but what make are your strut bars Marty Jaffa and Snoopaloopa



Mine is differant to the other two's
However I no longer have mine  
I 'think' it might have been OPM


But the one on my 3dr is 'Wiechers' a German make.




sparkplug

Jaffa's is a GT Performance Cosworth item as there 2.9 one would not fit due to hitting the ABS brake fluid bottle. I bought it at Trax and I tried several at the show and this was the best fitting brace I could find. Gengis has a 2.9 brace on his ABS car but has modified the fluid bottle to get it to fit. I sold it to Jaffa as I could not get it to fit with my supercharger setup. When I had it fitted to my car I did not has Air Con so it was not a problem but I can see your problem Jaffa but are you going to keep the Air con?

Dave
[url]http://www.xr4register.com/]IPB Image

jaffa

Quote from: sparkplug
Jaffa's is a GT Performance Cosworth item as there 2.9 one would not fit due to hitting the ABS brake fluid bottle. I bought it at Trax and I tried several at the show and this was the best fitting brace I could find. Gengis has a 2.9 brace on his ABS car but has modified the fluid bottle to get it to fit. I sold it to Jaffa as I could not get it to fit with my supercharger setup. When I had it fitted to my car I did not has Air Con so it was not a problem but I can see your problem Jaffa but are you going to keep the Air con?

Dave


not sure yet mate   id like to until i sort out engine