Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.


Author Topic: Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.  (Read 13218 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Hi everyone you may have already read this on interford but here it is anyway, I have recently contacted a few companies with regards to getting silicone hose kits for the Granada cosworth 24 valve and sierra's with the Cosworth 24 valve engine fitted, I have been told that it is unlikely that they will make the tooling up for the kits unless i can get at least 10 people who are interested in the kits.
I want 2 kits so are ther any people interested in a kit at all?
I am sending a full hose kit in so that i can get an estimate as to how much a kit will cost but will obviously have to wait for the decission back from the 3 companies, in the meantime if anyone would be interested can you leave a post on this page please and i will keep you all up to date as things progress.  

Many thanks Shaun.




Offline Chris

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 445
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 20:03:13 PM »
Quote from: ShaunPC
Hi everyone you may have already read this on interford but here it is anyway, I have recently contacted a few companies with regards to getting silicone hose kits for the Granada cosworth 24 valve and sierra's with the Cosworth 24 valve engine fitted, I have been told that it is unlikely that they will make the tooling up for the kits unless i can get at least 10 people who are interested in the kits.
I want 2 kits so are ther any people interested in a kit at all?
I am sending a full hose kit in so that i can get an estimate as to how much a kit will cost but will obviously have to wait for the decission back from the 3 companies, in the meantime if anyone would be interested can you leave a post on this page please and i will keep you all up to date as things progress.  

Many thanks Shaun.

Depending on price, I might be interested, however, you might need to think about the fact that a 2.8-24v conversion is slightly different from a 2.9-24v conversion....   In one major area, and that is where one of the the lower radiator hoses comes back into the expansion tank.

Chris
IBA   15631

24vdan

  • Guest
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 20:27:56 PM »
I would be interested in possibly 2 sets, if the price was right.
The hose set is almost identical to a std 2.9 isn't it?  
I ask this because it's what i used on mine, a std 2.9 hose set up that is. the only differanc i can think of is the one that goes under the right bank.

I know a garage in derby. fitz, do them but they ain't cheap  

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 23:11:27 PM »
Quote from: 24vdan
I would be interested in possibly 2 sets, if the price was right.
The hose set is almost identical to a std 2.9 isn't it?  
I ask this because it's what i used on mine, a std 2.9 hose set up that is. the only differanc i can think of is the one that goes under the right bank.

I know a garage in derby. fitz, do them but they ain't cheap  
there r a fair few different hoses on the 24 valve engine mate but it will be the whole lot including the oil cooler water feed pipes and everything.
Fitz doesnt do them any more so i'm told which is why i am geting them done myself.
It is probably gona be the begining of next year that they will be ready to be put into production so i will keep everyone upto date with this post.
Cheers mate.

Offline SIDIBEAR

  • Advanced Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:06:36 AM »
I made several enquiries regarding silicon hoses for the 24v earlier this year and got nowhere with the major manufacturers so I didn't bother in the end.

Oh, and Taps ripped the piss out of me for wanting to do it so that was another reason for not doing it

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 13:55:44 PM »
Quote from: SIDIBEAR
I made several enquiries regarding silicon hoses for the 24v earlier this year and got nowhere with the major manufacturers so I didn't bother in the end.

Oh, and Taps ripped the piss out of me for wanting to do it so that was another reason for not doing it
Ive had several dealings with Paul @ Roose and also samco in the past so built up quite a good business relationship with them and so far the responses ive had have been very good but i have just been contacted by another fledgling company that say they will definitely be able to help me out so it looks like they may get the business from me.

What does taps no anyway? lol  
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 13:56:07 PM by ShaunPC »

Jeek

  • Guest
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 15:14:54 PM »
Put me down for a set price dependant! My 24v gets hammered all the time and loves to split a water hose!

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 15:24:34 PM »
Quote from: Jeek
Put me down for a set price dependant! My 24v gets hammered all the time and loves to split a water hose!
No worries mate, thats the problem that i have got to be honest mate and it seems to be the most awkward ones to get to for example the one that runs through beneath the head through the back of the timingchain covers or the ones to the heater matrix.

Offline Taps

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2983
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 15:56:49 PM »
Quote from: ShaunPC
No worries mate, thats the problem that i have got to be honest mate and it seems to be the most awkward ones to get to for example the one that runs through beneath the head through the back of the timingchain covers

Get mine from fords, think the part numbers in the 24V part number thread.

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 17:46:39 PM »
Quote from: Taps
Get mine from fords, think the part numbers in the 24V part number thread.

Hey up Rob hows it goin mate?
I've replaced the one that runs under the head twice now with new so thats why i'm goin for the silicone repacements this time with mikalor clamps.
I've now got 7 or 8 sets accounted for so only 2 more enquiries and they can be done.
Just waiting on the prices so i can list them on here interford and passionford and then everyone can meake their minds up.

Offline Taps

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2983
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 18:10:30 PM »
Quote from: ShaunPC
Hey up Rob hows it goin mate?
I've replaced the one that runs under the head twice now with new so thats why i'm goin for the silicone repacements this time with mikalor clamps.
I've now got 7 or 8 sets accounted for so only 2 more enquiries and they can be done.
Just waiting on the prices so i can list them on here interford and passionford and then everyone can meake their minds up.

Twice   what happend to the 2 you have changed, were they split?

Put me down for a set but will depend on price.

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 18:28:24 PM »
Quote from: Taps
Twice   what happend to the 2 you have changed, were they split?

Put me down for a set but will depend on price.

Yeah both split mate the first one at the top where it joins the stat housing and the second one just split straight down the middle of the seam.
I'm gona be back on the phone with samco tomorrow mate as i think ive got ten sets provisionaly sold if there price is cheap enough and i'll get the price off roose as soon as the set for him to look at arrive, i've asked samco to post them straight on to paul so he can sort the quote.

Offline SIDIBEAR

  • Advanced Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 09:13:57 AM »
Put me down for a set too, again, depending on cost.

Offline glsmar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
  • Karma: +0/-0
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 12:37:28 PM »
I'd be interested in this too - especially if the idle speed hose is included - the one that cracks if you touch it    .

Mark.

Offline TwinTurbo

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2033
  • Karma: +1/-0
    • http://www.claytune.org.uk
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 20:39:18 PM »
As per the others. Interested depending on the £££

TT

madasahatter

  • Guest
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 00:15:08 AM »
Interested in price but will i need more for a tt 24v????

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 14:17:11 PM »
Quote from: madasahatter
Interested in price but will i need more for a tt 24v????
Hi mate the hose kit that i have enquired about is for all the associated coolant hoses that go with this engine, i would imagine that you are going to want boost hoses too so you would have to sort those yourself mate.
This is all the hoses that would be in the kit for anyone interested.
[attachmentid=2011]

[attachment[/attachment]

Offline glsmar

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 110
  • Karma: +0/-0
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 10:09:41 AM »
Hi Shaun,
              How much are these going to sell for and is the ISCV hose in there?

Thanks,

Mark.

capri302

  • Guest
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 13:43:44 PM »
Hi,is there an update for this yet,as in price,or do you still need more people? If so,I would be interested,depending on price!

scratt

  • Guest
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 21:02:32 PM »
Quote from: capri302
Hi,is there an update for this yet,as in price,or do you still need more people? If so,I would be interested,depending on price!
i would be interested to,depending on the price !!!!!!

Offline kevchard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2008, 19:33:22 PM »
Hi
Did you ever get a price on these parts?
Cheers
Kevin

Offline grimbo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 217
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.projectford.co.uk
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2008, 20:16:42 PM »
Hi i could do with the one that go`s under the head as wellmine is in a capri so a set would be a little different

thanks

grimbo
24v Capri for ever I hope

Hummmmm!!!! super glue me thinks

Ford 100e Anglia manumatic

[url]http://www.mybannermaker.com/]IPB Image

Offline kevchard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 20:26:47 PM »
Quote from: grimbo
Hi i could do with the one that go`s under the head as wellmine is in a capri so a set would be a little different

thanks

grimbo

It must be catching, mine has just gone awell. Please don't tell me the head has to come off to change it?!? I hope Ford still do them and it wont cost a second mortgage to get one. I wonder if anything else needs changing whilst i am under the plenum?
Cheers
Kevin

Offline grimbo

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 217
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://www.projectford.co.uk
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2008, 21:01:53 PM »
they tell me if your good it can be done without taking the head of mine has been weeping for 2 years but the car has only done about 1000 miles but the more i look the more i must do it i got the hose when i first noticed it  so i have one but no of two more that need doing  1 has been ordered but no delivery time ford say they can get it  the finis code is 6630355 hope that helps

grimbo
24v Capri for ever I hope

Hummmmm!!!! super glue me thinks

Ford 100e Anglia manumatic

[url]http://www.mybannermaker.com/]IPB Image

Offline kevchard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 20:23:47 PM »
Thanks Grimbo
I ordered hose today from Ford in Barnsley, it should be here tomorrow. Total of just over £15inc VAT. Priced up a new cam chain at the same time, £124 presumably plus VAT. That job can wait.
Cheers
Kevin

Offline SIDIBEAR

  • Advanced Member
  • **
  • Posts: 81
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2008, 10:08:44 AM »
It can be done without removing the head, the plenum has to come off though. Taps did mine and Marty has done one previously.

Remko GT

  • Guest
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 11:15:06 AM »
Te head does not need to come off. That's lunacy.  I put on a new one to be on the safe side.

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »
Hi everyone, I have just been on to Samco to find out about the hoses and they are going to get back to me within the next 2 weeks so as soon as I hear the updates will come rolling in.

Sorry it has taken a while to update but my health isn't that great at the minute and to be honest I have been more bothered about that than getting anything done on my cars..
Thanks for your patience guys ang gals.
 

Offline ShaunPC

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 176
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 21:47:19 PM »
Quote from: ShaunPC
Hi everyone, I have just been on to Samco to find out about the hoses and they are going to get back to me within the next 2 weeks so as soon as I hear the updates will come rolling in.

Sorry it has taken a while to update but my health isn't that great at the minute and to be honest I have been more bothered about that than getting anything done on my cars..
Thanks for your patience guys ang gals.
 

Just an update for you all,

I have just got this back from samco sport.

Here is some good news for you, I have been looking into your hose kit for the Granada Cosworth, and we have a tool already in production for the bottom hose with the spout.

I will send the rest of the hoses for tooling today and hopefully get them back in around a week or so, please can you confirm where the rest of the hoses in the attached photo fit on the car?

I know the large hoses are top and bottom Radiator so I have not included them in the photo, I will contact you when the tooling is finished, and how many people are interested in the kits?

Best regards

Mark Hale.


Offline kevchard

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • http://
Granada cosworth and sierra with 24 valve conversion silicone hose kits.
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 21:10:06 PM »
My 'under the block' hose has gone again. I am having trouble getting one from ford, so i borrowed my mates secondhand spare one, i have now burst that aswell.
I am seeing a local hose company tomorrow who have said they may be able to get one made up from mine as a pattern.
I will let you know if i get a result.
Cheerskevin

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk