We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: 'ello  (Read 2060 times)

epninety

'ello
« on: November 04, 2007, 21:44:54 PM »
Hello all

I got such a warm welcome in 'parts wanted' I thought I'd better drop in here and say hello.

I'm a long time Land Rover fan, and for the last 10 years I've had a modified truck powered by a 3.1 Essex engine. LR people call it a hybrid, a shortened Range Rover chassis with 'Land Rover' bodywork.

It's currently megasquirted (was one of the first MS'ed vehicles in the UK about five years back) using a Swaymar 4bbl manifold and a chevy throttle body, and running EDIS for distibutorless ignition.

Recently I've been thinking of stuffing a 24V in, mainly just to be a bit different (and because I happen to have one!). It'll probably take me an age to do (as I'm doing a lot of other stuff at the same time) but everyone needs a project right?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 20:54:58 PM by fordrwd4ever »

V8 Dave

'ello
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 22:31:39 PM »
'ello bigger Dave

Glad to see my engine finally being put to good use. Poor storage means it looks like hell but it came from a 29k mile '93 car back in '95

epninety

'ello
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 22:44:59 PM »
Quote from: V8 Dave
'ello bigger Dave

Glad to see my engine finally being put to good use. Poor storage means it looks like hell but it came from a 29k mile '93 car back in '95

Hello matey! I should have expected to find you on here really :-)

Yes, finally started to do something with it. Had the rocker covers off the other day and it is every bit as clean inside as you said it would be. Current plan is to get it mated to the drivetrain, then build a custom bulkhead around it (24V heads will foul both footwells unless I move the gearbox forwards).

You know that Land Rover = Meccano, so from there on it should be easy  

V8 Dave

'ello
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 23:08:59 PM »
Quote from: epninety
Hello matey! I should have expected to find you on here really :-)

Yes, finally started to do something with it. Had the rocker covers off the other day and it is every bit as clean inside as you said it would be. Current plan is to get it mated to the drivetrain, then build a custom bulkhead around it (24V heads will foul both footwells unless I move the gearbox forwards).

You know that Land Rover = Meccano, so from there on it should be easy  

Easier than putting it in a disco (it might have been mine you heard about?). I used the Steve Parker conversion an an R380 but it pushed the motor right forwards - you know that it was in there alright!

Offline Leebay

• LDSEngineering.co.uk
  • Donation Sponsor
    • LDS Engineering
'ello
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 13:45:44 PM »
Hello Epninety welcome to Ford Power.

Nice landrover......my old man`s series 3 was the other essex conversion Tony was on about in the parts section  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 20:56:19 PM by fordrwd4ever »

LDS Engineering.co.uk

Cylinder head Repairs/skimming, Engine|Brake|Suspension|Service components, Number/show plates & Custom stickers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk