Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: hello  (Read 2366 times)

cosworth.24v

hello
« on: October 13, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »
hi all ive been looking on here for a while now and i cant find anything on how to 4x4 a bob engined car is it me being stupid and not looking properly   or is it the same setup as a boa please excuse my ignorance  im new to this and any advice would be appreciated

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 22:15:47 PM by fordrwd4ever »

Offline Taps

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
hello
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:27:54 AM »
Welcome to Fordpower

4x4ing a BOB is no different to doing a BOA, take a look in the Projects section theres a few BOA 4x4 conversions in there will give you an idea as to what needs to be done.

glyn

hello
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 18:18:19 PM »
Quote from: cosworth.24v
hi all ive been looking on here for a while now and i cant find anything on how to 4x4 a bob engined car is it me being stupid and not looking properly   or is it the same setup as a boa please excuse my ignorance  im new to this and any advice would be appreciated
welcome m8e as Taps said its same as doing a boa ..plenty of help here ....regards glyn

Offline robrs2

• http://
hello
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 18:27:28 PM »
One hard part may be the downpipes, as the BOB has little room on the diff side of the engine. But if its test fitted with all the diff etc. off the car is shouldn't be to difficult to fab a pipe up.

cosworth.24v

hello
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »
yeah been having nightmares about that im praying that the exhaust already fitted to the rwd setup fits after 4x4ing ,but i read  rallyslags new business venture with renewed hope yesterday,a full custom exhaust with lifetime warranty is definately whats called for    if only someone did mobile electrics  

xr666

hello
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 21:47:43 PM »
the loom disconnects behined the battry basic plug in to your twinky i did that loom so should b no problem but u neen 2.9 4x4 gearbox

cosworth.24v

hello
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 09:37:11 AM »
thanks for that on the electrics and i should have a gearbox  lined up but i know you want your one back  you wanna trade im sure youve got one knocking about   ive got a sump and diff sorted (cheers samol) and have you got any pics of the build?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk