We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Hello to you all  (Read 1845 times)

Offline CortinaPhil

• Advanced Member
Hello to you all
« on: September 03, 2007, 11:15:28 AM »
Hi,

My name is Phil and I have a 1971 Ford Cortina 4dr XL.  I plan to build up a 302ci (5 litre) engine and drop it in as well as doing everything else that'd be required (strengthening the chassis, upgrading brakes and suspension... and changing just about every other part!).  I hope to fit a C4 auto transmission too.  

Once the transformation is complete, I want to strip it all down again and get the bodywork and paint sorted.

All of this is going to take some time so I need another "sensible" car to keep me going until the Cortina is finished (2028?).  I was thinking of a 2.9 Sierra Ghia 4x4 estate with a replacement 24v Cossie motor.  I have been told that this is a fairly easy job to do and that the engine slots straight in and then just needs a bit of wiring... is this really true?  (I have no experience whatsoever doing this kind of thing and thought it would be good practice before starting on the Cortie).

I'd very much appreciate it if anyone could give me a bit more info on what is required or point me to a relevant thread (found madoldbugger's website but I was looking for a 4x4 conversion).  Ideally, I'd like the auto gbox that came in the Scorpio but, if this is going to make life much harder, I'd stick with the MT75 already in the car.

Cheers!

Phil

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 18:28:25 PM by fordrwd4ever »

Offline CortinaPhil

• Advanced Member
Hello to you all
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 13:53:57 PM »
Just to say that I've asked the same question in a different thread in the 24v section.  Thanks!

Offline Taps

• http://www.fordpower.org.uk
Hello to you all
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 19:51:32 PM »
Welcome to Fordpower

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk