We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.

Author Topic: Got the old maid running again!!!  (Read 1877 times)

Offline TimoXr4i

• Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1 Safari 5.1
Got the old maid running again!!!
« on: May 31, 2013, 19:06:07 PM »
Went out to my car today, car full of tools, engine mounts, relais and such... Removed the full steel engine mount, to discover my bolts are to short for the original mounts... So, full steel again, replaced my fuel relay, and its fuse... My mums seat ibiza with the jumpstart cables in front of it. Some hesitation, a few coughs, and she started, running on 6 cilinders from the beginning. Battery is dead, so when i removed the jumpstart cables the engine died pretty fast, but hey, she is running again!

Pushed her out for a quick wash, and a glimpse inthe sunlight, she is one sexy 4i...

Gonna buy me a new battery this week, and find a working alternator, get garage plates, and warm her up good, test the brakes and see if it is mot'able!

Offline Lemon-Ade

• Donation Sponsor
  • At work
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 6.0 Safari 6.0
Re: Got the old maid running again!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 21:03:15 PM »
Very nice Timo  :mellow: I do like the XR 4i s hope it all goes well and your on the road soon  ;D ;D

Run in ......

Offline TimoXr4i

• Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 5.1 Safari 5.1
Re: Got the old maid running again!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 22:11:55 PM »
I sure do hope so ade, its been 5 years ago i drove her :'( my ilness made it very hard on both of us, and she was nominated a few times to be sold, but it hurted me to much. Need some work, like the rear hatch is getting bad, and it needs a very torrow clean inside and outside, but she runs.... I allmost cried ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk