• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
November 16, 2019, 23:21:39 PM


We also host the AskNik site,just click on the Sierra

Please if you find this site helpful & wish to help with it's funding. Thank You.


My 24v Saff Cossy lookeelikeey.......

Started by Damocos, December 07, 2005, 10:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Damocos

Heres a few pics of my recently converted saff, all work carried ou by myself  






IPB Image

Tony

yer now thats a nice job ya done of it to!very tidy job

i do like the wheels to,  they look the part..

tony

the 24v xr4i auto-0 to 60 in 6.71 secs

Taps


rallyslag

thats lump just looks like its meant to be there

ShaneXR4Ti

Nice car. Now that lump looks like the Duratech motor here. Wonder if its the same block casting? If so what do you guys use for bell housings and what trans do you mate it to?

Owain

Quote from: ShaneXR4Ti
Nice car. Now that lump looks like the Duratech motor here. Wonder if its the same block casting? If so what do you guys use for bell housings and what trans do you mate it to?



it's a 2.9 24v cologne stolen from the granada cosworth, have a look at taps post on project x, thats where the engines come from, and the bolt up to mt75 4x4 boxes, or as in damocos's car a converted mt75, i'll charge the camera up for the next time i go down the yard and i'll take some pictures of mine

nick


ShaneXR4Ti

Okay. So its a different block then. From that block we get the 2.9, 3.0 and 4.0l. The last two were used in trucks like the ranger and my 4x4 Explorer. Yeah those can mate to a couple trans's here if I remember correctly.  Well its still a nice ride.

capri24v

hey mate what air filter you using there? and how long is it...the air filter i mean

Owain

on the engine shot, where is the breather filter mounted? as i've just got meself a little project, it's got a cone filter fitted, haven't looked to see if it's got a breather filter fitted or not

fatboy billy

that is awesome have you taken on a yb yet or not

daz4i


Damocos

Quote from: ShaneXR4Ti
Okay. So its a different block then. From that block we get the 2.9, 3.0 and 4.0l. The last two were used in trucks like the ranger and my 4x4 Explorer. Yeah those can mate to a couple trans's here if I remember correctly.  Well its still a nice ride.



Its a £25 special from a mate who gets em from Germany. does the job well
IPB Image

Damocos

Quote from: Owain
on the engine shot, where is the breather filter mounted? as i've just got meself a little project, it's got a cone filter fitted, haven't looked to see if it's got a breather filter fitted or not


The breather filter is mounted on the n/s/f inner wing. Another £5 bargain from ebay!

Quote from: fatboy billy
that is awesome have you taken on a yb yet or not


Not yet, i think it would do ok against a bog standard 1 but i got a few more things to do yet so we will see. Had a brief play with a civic type R and was all over its arse, but on the bends it got the better of me due to some handling issue's!!!!! It wouldnt stay in a straight line.............
IPB Image

tinker 1